Author Topic: Dwilight Map  (Read 36745 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight Map
« Reply #90: May 25, 2011, 08:01:02 PM »
Yes, definitely Baal the Betrayer. We have unfinished business with him.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: May 25, 2011, 08:02:25 PM »
No, non-controversial means people who don't start trouble at every corner just for the hell of it.

I dare say Glaumring would consider Alanna controversial, and she never started trouble just for the hell of it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: May 25, 2011, 08:14:37 PM »
Who are all of your top 5 most controversial people on BM?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: May 25, 2011, 10:15:51 PM »
Who are all of your top 5 most controversial people on BM?

Thats a hard question, i have a top 3 thou.

1. the guy who played Einar in Svunnetland
2. Paris
3. Ironsides with Bowie
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: May 25, 2011, 10:56:41 PM »
2. Paris

Heh. Yes. Probably the most annoyingly controversial player I've ever encountered, in each of his successive accounts. Played alongside him in Oligarch and Melodia. Never got along.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: May 25, 2011, 11:03:08 PM »
I'm surprised not to see Allison Kabrinski on that list, especially in a Dwilight thread. She's a highly polarizing figure even within SA, though I have not known any of dustole's other characters to have followed in Allison's footsteps.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #96: May 25, 2011, 11:25:38 PM »
What exactly is "controversial" anyway? I find that simply being very extremist like Allison, or arbitrarily brazen like Bowie, or predictably seditious, or universally self-absorbed, are not exactly "controversial" but in fact fit the bill of "boring". There needs to be more depths to the character than just a single theme, although to be fair, sometimes outsiders really can't see that except in situations where such hidden depths must be revealed. So for all I know Allison has an even deeper agenda than meeting her vision of SA, and Bowie has some intricate and actually coherent plan whereby his pretense of madness is just that, and Glaumring is something more than a dumb drug-addicted monkey, and Amaury is more than a smug plotter. I won't say anything about my character but you all could probably think of some caricature of Garret as well.

So who's actually controversial? In my book, there really isn't anyone on Dwilight who fits that, really. Maybe whoever is the big cheese in SA if anyone, but everyone else is practically unable to affect the majority of Dwilight by much.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: May 26, 2011, 06:58:21 AM »
you all could probably think of some caricature of Garret as well.

Yeah a pretentious lout and a boor...

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: May 26, 2011, 07:47:13 AM »
Heh. Yes. Probably the most annoyingly controversial player I've ever encountered, in each of his successive accounts. Played alongside him in Oligarch and Melodia. Never got along.

the player of Einar was worse, but yeah Paris was a continues nuisance.
I think it all started in Avamar where alot of his fellow greeks resigned, who teamed up and of whom quite alot came close to Paris in there ranting abilities.

I enjoyed playing with Paris but it was always a gamble how long he could hold his temper/patience.
Eventually he got into some OOC rant about something, announced to everyone, by all means necessary that he quite and that it was a black day in the history of BM bla bla bla and so forth and then he started a new account.
most of the time he even tried an 'incognito' account but unfortunately for him, he was easily recognizable when he had to speak up again.

I miss him thou... :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: May 26, 2011, 11:44:28 AM »
Funny thing is I actually liked Garrett Artemesia until these forums opened up and he started a hate on me for some reason. I always liked his free wheeling character living in the Daimon lands and all cold personality, I thought he did it really well. But then for some reason he turned into an arse to me and I have no idea why. Jealousy probably...Because I am so awesome.... 8)