Author Topic: Perdan's Capital Change  (Read 8427 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Perdan's Capital Change
« Reply #15: April 26, 2011, 05:50:24 PM »
I thought that's what all the hubbub was about. Can someone else clarify if Perdan is currently at war with Ibladesh?

Oh yes. Perdan is *definitely* at war with Ibladesh. And yes, we moved our capital while we were at war with Ibladesh,

Some of the confusion may be from a related blurb of text that can appear when you try to move your capital. If there has been a battle or unrest in either your current capital, or the proposed new capital, you can get an error message something like "can't move capital due to war or unrest". This is not the diplomatic state of war, it is referring to recent battles in one of the two cities.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #16: April 27, 2011, 12:18:14 PM »
I thought you moved it before the war. But thanks for the clarification, I did not know that.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

egamma

« Reply #17: May 01, 2011, 02:28:17 AM »
Not sure is everyone is aware--moving your capital drops production 50% in both cities, and possibly ALL your regions. It will also have a large affect on control.

So it's not something to be taken lightly, and it's not easy to pull off in the middle of a war. Ilbadesh could (and should have) take the opportunity to launch an all-out attack on the new capital.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 01, 2011, 05:00:03 PM »
That's one thing we were worried about.

Oddly enough, recruiting is completely unaffected by a capital move.  I had the option to recruit immediately after moving the capital. Probably something that should not be allowed for a day or two?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 02, 2011, 11:12:45 AM »
That's one thing we were worried about.

Oddly enough, recruiting is completely unaffected by a capital move.  I had the option to recruit immediately after moving the capital. Probably something that should not be allowed for a day or two?

I agree here. I thought recruits were physically present in the capital since you can find them only there, and that explains why disconnected regions can't send recruits there. A capital move means all the recruits should move so they should need some time to do it.

Either suspend recruitment for a couple days or just erase all the recruits and give perhaps an increase ratio of regional recruitment for some days to compensate.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 02, 2011, 12:57:28 PM »
I agree here. I thought recruits were physically present in the capital since you can find them only there, and that explains why disconnected regions can't send recruits there.

That's not true, either, though it probably should be.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan