Author Topic: Has information been deleted recently?  (Read 4709 times)

Oszero

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Has information been deleted recently?
« Topic Start: April 25, 2011, 05:48:56 PM »
I was just wondering, do you know if information was deleted from the wiki "recently".

I say recently, I'm not sure when it could have been done, it just seams there is less useful information than their used to be.

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Has information been deleted recently?
« Reply #1: April 25, 2011, 05:56:42 PM »
In what parts? The Manual?

Maybe it's relative? There have been a lot more features recently and possibly the lack of research on those features leads to a perception of less useful information.

Oszero

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 25, 2011, 06:55:07 PM »
I'm not sure, it just seams over the years more and more information just seams to have vanished.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 25, 2011, 07:55:16 PM »
I'm not sure, it just seams over the years more and more information just seams to have vanished.

If you can point to something specific, maybe we can help you.

If not...well, we promise that there is no policy to delete information that you might find helpful ;)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 25, 2011, 08:00:12 PM »
Maybe you know more now, and the basic information that used to impress you is now boring, and the advanced information you want just never existed? Fee free to add more. :)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: April 25, 2011, 09:04:50 PM »
What certainly is true is that most people editing the wiki only add to their own family, etc. page.

Maybe we could remind people once more that the wiki is not a read-only medium.

Oszero

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 25, 2011, 09:08:12 PM »
I'll see if I can find some examples, just looking through the wiki, things seam to be missing that I'm sure were there.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #7: April 30, 2011, 07:47:15 PM »
There was a vacuum when the new class system was introduced. That is slowly being reformed with H/P and time reqs being filled in.

I think estate sizes could help. Those only involve 3 numbers and the words "Small, medium, large".

Some of the religion info is lacking, which the wiki seems to suggest is intentional, so that makes me hesitant to add anything there. But just out of journalistic spirit, I will say that RTOs are limited to elders in a religion. It doesn't matter their skill, just that they are an elder. No one else will even see the link.

What else...The government types could mention the allowed combinations. For example, in a Monarchy, the ruler can't be a region lord/duke, probably. There seems to be an exception when regions are by election. Check Machiavel Chenier's history.

There is not a lot of information about monsters and undead, even in the adventurer pages. This information would have been really helpful during 4th Inv, particularly in knowing that yes, they do have equipment ratings, as adventurers can discover now.

While I could add this, I am just a normal player who manages to observe some things. I could try to replicate some of the actions to reproduce the observation, but for some, it is extremely difficult, and for others it is not recommended as those may be bugs. So I just leave it to the official wiki editors.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 04, 2011, 11:50:15 PM »
Monarchs cannot appoint themselves to titles. They can however be elected without a problem.

Restrictions on government systems only limit what one can *appoint himself as*, not what one can be. In a democracy, or any other system, one could be ruler/duke/general/judge/banker if he had the political pull for it. He just needs to be elected. Maybe there are some hard limits, but I haven't witnessed any.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron