Author Topic: What is the blight?  (Read 8654 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
What is the blight?
« Topic Start: April 26, 2011, 07:58:58 PM »
There's been some discussion around what the areas mean, if they can be recovered, but little has been said about what the blight is. How does it look like, feel like?

Well, I'm not going to reveal all that, since it's a major theme for Beyond. But, here's my vision of what it looks like from outside, near the edge:

For a larger image, go to http://lemuriaskies.deviantart.com/art/Beyond-Teaser-206499585

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: What is the blight?
« Reply #1: April 26, 2011, 08:11:02 PM »
Hmm, I'd like to walk along that edge. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #2: April 26, 2011, 11:56:24 PM »
Aw, it doesn't look that threatening...

And too bad all the blighted regions turned to generic rogue regions. Those flavor texts for the factions were actually interesting.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: April 27, 2011, 01:40:34 AM »
it is interesting but it would have been more interesting if we could see the ground :)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 27, 2011, 12:30:43 PM »
The blight is just a huge monster like the one from Lost. That's why you get wounded when you try to enter it  ::)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: April 27, 2011, 01:38:16 PM »
it is interesting but it would have been more interesting if we could see the ground :)

Oh, you will... and it won't make you happy.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 27, 2011, 02:34:56 PM »
I'm envisioning someone dropping to their knees and uttering, in complete despair

"You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

;D
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 29, 2011, 11:28:41 AM »
I always went off the text you would see travelling into a Blighted region. You'd start to feel sick, struggle to breathe. The lands around you were unlike anything you'd ever seen. You simply knew that if death had a realm, it would be somewhat like this. Nevermind all the creatures, vermin and fauna that are all but beyond your limited human comprehension.

To be honest, I'm slightly worried that Beyond will make the Blight appear less sinister. I feel like a games rendering won't quite square with what I have in my head or get across just how horrific it actually is. But I suppose with the way most people are talking about one day regaining lands that will be exactly the same as before maybe there does need to be a visual kick up the arse somewhere along the line.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 29, 2011, 12:22:28 PM »
The text you get depends on which force blighted the region (Not sure if that's still the case). I guess that's the one for the Undead.

Monsters:
As you cross the border into Ovujemeh, you begin to notice that the land is more feral than you remember. Pure, primal nature is ruling here. Men is prey. You are being attacked by cats, dogs and stranger creatures, but also by insects of every kind. It is impossible to fend all of them off. Horrified, you turn around and make your way back to where you came from as quickly as you can.

I had the Daimon one somewhere too, but can't find it right now. It would be great to find out more about the Blight and hopefully we will also get to see the different kinds of Blights from each Invasion force :)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #9: April 29, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »
Stubborn folk who think like that will continue to do so. What irony that people have high hopes after the fact.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 11, 2011, 09:21:20 PM »
I guess that's the one for the Undead.

That was a mixture of what I remembered of the daimonic one and my own embellishment I'm afraid >.<

Egerton

• Peasant
    • View Profile
    • ehealthquest
« Reply #11: July 29, 2011, 07:55:22 AM »
I see this and in my point of view it's seems little bit horrible and it the good one. If you have any pictures like this  then share with and good work.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 29, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »
I see this and in my point of view it's seems little bit horrible and it the good one. If you have any pictures like this  then share with and good work.

Er, did you miss the part where that is a screenshot of the incomplete Beyond side-adventure? Beyond is an intended sequel to The Dream that is currently on indefinite hold (apparently these things are hard to make on your own, go figure).
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 02, 2011, 07:35:08 AM »
I think of the Blight as described in the Wheels of Time series. A place where anything and everything has some sinister way of killing you. Think deadly plants, deadly rain, deadly grasshoppers :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 02, 2011, 12:57:33 PM »
I think of the Blight as described in the Wheels of Time series. A place where anything and everything has some sinister way of killing you. Think deadly plants, deadly rain, deadly grasshoppers :)

I'd like to reconquer that land of damnation with my holy armies.  8)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron