Author Topic: Public Accusation of Cheating and Abuse  (Read 5623 times)

BattleMaster Server

Public Accusation of Cheating and Abuse
« Topic Start: July 13, 2013, 01:13:42 PM »
Summary:Public Accusation of Cheating and Abuse
Violation:Social Contract: Fair Play
World:Atamara
Complainer:TH
About:Ottar

Full Complaint Text:
Ottar and Merlin were having a completely IC conversation and then Ottar's player decided it was appropriate to simply OOC accuse me of cheating, and abuse of the social contract by using the Magistrates as an in-game weapon against other players.

This is the exact sort of OOC toxic atmosphere that I've been talking about in the previous thread. When players playing Rulers are allowed to make open accusations about this, we have a serious problem.

Letter from Ottar Perkeleet   (11 minutes ago)

Message sent to everyone in "League of the Eagle" (59 recipients)

Respect, must be earned !I will show Silnaria as much respect as I will show to it's ruler. About that duel, I'm over 90 years of old burocrate. Do you need some target practise, even trees would give you more challenge than me but this proposal just show what kind of person you just are,

OOC: This is just an warning. It would be better not to speak again ,someone might get upsett from it.

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,4430.0.html

Ottar Perkeleet

Tyrant of Tara

Royal of Tara

And another one, explicitly accusing me:

Out-of-Character from Ottar Perkeleet   (just in)

Message sent to everyone in "League of the Eagle" (59 recipients)

As i said earlier I can't or won't speak anymore.  Player of Merlin has managed to create such a thread that we won't be able to speak freely.

I have been playing this game from very ,very long time. And never,ever faced this kind of person who first makes mad so many players ( yes many) and then he creates complaint to shut them down. This is the end.

Mauri Ahtaanluoma

How can I defend against something like this, when it is said by such an influential player in-game?

If I am doing something wrong by reporting this atmosphere, then feel free to punish me, but truly I doubt that ooc statements like this are in following of the social contract.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Public Accusation of Cheating and Abuse
« Reply #1: July 13, 2013, 01:31:10 PM »
This same OOC message was also sent to ALL rulers of Atamara.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 13, 2013, 01:31:25 PM »
Nope, I just informed others why I can't speak. I could say everything in finish properly as english is not my mother language.

I believe that everyone should know why I can't speak directly. so it would best to put it as an OOC. message instead as I can't explain IC issues why OOC reasons prevent me to say nothing IC.
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 13, 2013, 01:36:12 PM »
Nope, I just informed others why I can't speak. I could say everything in finish properly as english is not my mother language.

I believe that everyone should know why I can't speak directly. so it would best to put it as an OOC. message instead as I can't explain IC issues why OOC reasons prevent me to say nothing IC.

OOC should never prevent you from saying things IC.

And to accuse me of somehow creating that situation is completely unacceptable. If you have a problem with me either take it up with me or report it, don't send a message to every ruler in the game accusing me of abuse.

If you want to say it in finnish, maybe someone who knows more of both languages can translate for you. But, I cannot see such a blatant attack as acceptable under any circumstance. You essentially sent an OOC letter that said *I* am being abusive to every single ruler on the island, and every possible ally of mine in the League.

That destroys any chance of me getting any IC support.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 13, 2013, 01:47:11 PM »
This was a reply to a purely IC message and I believe this shows Silverfire's point in these cases that the atmosphere within the League is simply not right. Something needs to change. There's no need for all this OOC. For me, all this stuff is just blurring IC.

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 13, 2013, 04:08:23 PM »
1) Nope, I just informed others why I can't speak. I could say everything in finish properly as english is not my mother language.

2) I believe that everyone should know why I can't speak directly. so it would best to put it as an OOC. message instead as I can't explain IC issues why OOC reasons prevent me to say nothing IC.

your "explaining":

OOC: This is just an warning. It would be better not to speak again ,someone might get upsett from it.

As i said earlier I can't or won't speak anymore.Player of Merlin has managed to create such a thread that we won't be able to speak freely.

Saying " i won't speak because someone might get upset" etc  except of explaining why you don't speak is further harass.

If you just wanted to say you won't speak you could always say you won't speak because the player of Merlin doesn't feel good about it.

I understand english is not your native language, it's not mine either but here you explain you won't speak by mocking TH for his complains and that is self- explanatory.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 04:10:43 PM by Lavigna »
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: July 14, 2013, 02:51:02 PM »
STOP this exchange.

This thread is for discussion of the problem NOT FOR CONTINUING IT. If you feel the need to add more details or explain yourself, talk to the Magistrates and not to each other.