Author Topic: Takeover actions  (Read 1294 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Takeover actions
« Topic Start: July 14, 2013, 06:02:07 AM »
During takeovers, it appears that at least some of the actions that people do are not getting reported to the region - ie the "X is announcing better times and liberation in the market place" message. Most are, from what I am tell, but some are definitely not. Is this intended? If so, why? And if not, are these unreported actions not being counted to the takeover completion %?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Takeover actions
« Reply #1: July 14, 2013, 06:39:05 AM »
If the takeover action doesn't reach a certain amount, it doesn't announce itself. I believe it does contribute to the takeover still, though. More men or more hours are needed if a noble's actions aren't productive enough for a message.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 14, 2013, 06:54:12 AM »
But it seems random. My noble (with 100+) men received the message the first two times he did takeover actions, but not the third. And he actually had more men the third time, as some had healed from previous combat.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: July 14, 2013, 02:46:44 PM »
But it seems random. My noble (with 100+) men received the message the first two times he did takeover actions, but not the third. And he actually had more men the third time, as some had healed from previous combat.

There is some randomness involved in the TO mechanics. If (arbitrary numbers) the reporting threshold is 100 and your effect is # of men +/-20 then you can well go over the threshold with 90 men, but miss it with 110.