Author Topic: Lift Character Restriction on Dwilight?  (Read 14306 times)

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
Lift Character Restriction on Dwilight?
« Topic Start: July 14, 2013, 08:55:11 AM »
This is just an idea I have based on the low number of players on Dwilight.  At least in the realm that I am most active in, there are roughly 133% more regions than their are nobles and of the nobles that are there in the realm, very few actually play the game regularly, resulting in mass starvation of regions almost constantly.

I don't know if lifting the restriction would ultimately fix the problem since people would still need to be more active, but it might lead to active players sending more of their characters to the continent.

Anyway, just something I wanted to bring up, it does make Dwilight, at least for me, almost unplayable if the only thing you can do is run around fixing regions from starvation because their lords don't get on enough to buy food.

I do realize that the banker now has access to the food stores of a region but it does require the lords of these regions to allow him to do so, and as such it also requires the banker to be somewhat active.
Varwulf (Vix Tiramora), Rhyndaria (Caergoth), Ikosia (Caergoth), Kunoreyvn (Sandalak), Kimiakiaruni (Sandalak), Balkrom (Nothoi), Sythia (Arcaea), Eviera (Morek Empire)

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
Re: Lift Character Restriction on Dwilight?
« Reply #1: July 14, 2013, 09:15:53 AM »
Are you playing in Corsanctum  ;D? Cause that's the only realm that has such a huge discrepancy between regions and nobles. I actually quite like the 1 character limit, though I would probably shift one of my alts over to Corsanctum just because it's so empty compared to it's size...
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 14, 2013, 09:18:23 AM »
Most realms don't have this problem, and I enjoy the one character rule, it keeps things interesting.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 14, 2013, 09:33:23 AM »
I think all the continents should have only one noble per family...

Vonyx

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 14, 2013, 09:51:20 AM »
I think all the continents should have only one noble per family...

+1.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 14, 2013, 10:25:33 AM »
I think the 1 character rule on Dwilight is important to define an important part of what Dwilight is.

If you want to not play in the environment you described there are always alternative continents to play on, or even alternative realms on Dwilight which aren't in that same situation.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 14, 2013, 10:48:21 AM »
We had the same issue in Terran actually, but I quite like the one-character rule. Dwilight wouldn't be the same without it.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Poseidon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 14, 2013, 04:00:02 PM »
That rule of 1player only in Dwilight, may have been good when the number of active players in Battlemaster was more. At the present state, it is just making players leave Dwilight because of all the inactivity and the very few players. You want to get more people playing battlemaster then remove such rules hindering gameplay. Or you will just end with Dwilight having just a group of players only interested in ranting about in a religious forum and nothing else and even the active players will loose interest in playing in Dwilight.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 14, 2013, 04:01:43 PM »
That rule of 1player only in Dwilight, may have been good when the number of active players in Battlemaster was more. At the present state, it is just making players leave Dwilight because of all the inactivity and the very few players. You want to get more people playing battlemaster then remove such rules hindering gameplay. Or you will just end with Dwilight having just a group of players only interested in ranting about in a religious forum and nothing else and even the active players will loose interest in playing in Dwilight.

There are many active realms that do quite well without Sanguis Astroism. Luria Nova's nobility isn't majority Astroist, its very active. Fissoa... Niselur is very active in realm, D'hara...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 14, 2013, 04:03:16 PM »
We took some measures of continent retention and activity not too long ago, and Dwilight was the continent that did best in these.

So no, the 1-character-per-player rule is not, in fact, hurting Dwilight.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #10: July 14, 2013, 04:10:50 PM »
Remember that Dwilight was originally this wild land, roamed by herds of hundreds of monsters and shuffles of hundreds of zombies. There were only 4 realms, and people had a lot of fun claiming rogue regions for the first time.

Anyway, my point is, you don't have to have 133% more regions than nobles. Let the regions go rogue.

Poseidon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 14, 2013, 04:17:30 PM »
Yeah thats what is going to happen and with that a bunch of players playing for that realm will go rogue as well..

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 14, 2013, 04:18:35 PM »
Then make something happen and draw some nobles to it. Niselur has done very well lately, Asylon, Luria...

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 14, 2013, 05:10:19 PM »
Then make something happen and draw some nobles to it. Niselur has done very well lately, Asylon, Luria...

Apparently you are unfamiliar with Morek's current diplomatic situation then :P
Varwulf (Vix Tiramora), Rhyndaria (Caergoth), Ikosia (Caergoth), Kunoreyvn (Sandalak), Kimiakiaruni (Sandalak), Balkrom (Nothoi), Sythia (Arcaea), Eviera (Morek Empire)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 14, 2013, 07:01:05 PM »
I also think one char per continent makes things more interesting but, some continents would suffer from it.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."