Author Topic: Taran Protest Banner  (Read 10505 times)

Eirikr

Taran Protest Banner
« Topic Start: July 08, 2013, 06:24:40 PM »
Meanwhile massive anti-war protests are rocking Tara. Concerns about the process by which the extremely addictive amphetamines that have the nation firmly under the tyrannical hand of Ottar are created have caused protesters to begin demanding cleaner, safer Methamphetamine labs... And dentists. Banners were erected all over the rural landscape of Tara, banners like this...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:59:57 AM by Velax »

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #1: July 13, 2013, 04:59:16 PM »
Quite late unless the point was to be sarcastic.  Situation is way too bad allready so I really hope that members of dev team should be more polite. If you really want that this forum will be filled information you should really check your attidude unless you want this for only couple of posters.    :o

I'm lost - me working extra shifts and posting news late is sarcastic?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 13, 2013, 10:06:08 PM »
Now someone did compain from my answer to that post. I will wait couple of days and then I will just remove my account from this Forum. i have been playing this game almost at the start and this Forum do have a lot of potential but devs should act as a mentors not make funny jokes. I'm truly disapointed.

Frankly, Zadar, you don't get to come on here with a pompous attitude and tell the dev team what we're allowed to do.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 14, 2013, 04:49:59 AM »
Frankly, you should also bother to read things. I posted that. Not Azerax. He just found it funny, as I did, and posted it on the Facebook.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 14, 2013, 08:35:36 AM »
Now someone did compain from my answer to that post. I will wait couple of days and then I will just remove my account from this Forum. i have been playing this game almost at the start and this Forum do have a lot of potential but devs should act as a mentors not make funny jokes. I'm truly disapointed.

Nobody complained about it. I gave you a warning because your reaction to it was unnecessarily hostile to those who volunteer their time making this game better. And frankly, you need to learn to take a joke.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 14, 2013, 02:31:18 PM »
And frankly, you need to learn to take a joke.

That can be said about both sides of the argument...

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 14, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »

Probably.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #7: July 14, 2013, 07:25:02 PM »

There's jokes that you make among friends, and then there's jokes that you make to degrade someone else to others. This is the latter.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 14, 2013, 08:37:24 PM »
Yes well, over the years I've heard dozens upon dozens of 'jokes' about how SA/CE ruin Dwilight and Atamara respectively, sucking the fun out of the game for everyone, and there was never any stink such as this raised over that. Respect works both ways.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #9: July 15, 2013, 12:55:43 AM »
Yes well, over the years I've heard dozens upon dozens of 'jokes' about how SA/CE ruin Dwilight and Atamara respectively, sucking the fun out of the game for everyone, and there was never any stink such as this raised over that. Respect works both ways.

You obviously haven't been in any of those threads with those "jokes"... and typically a joke requires someone trying to be humorous, which I can
assure you in most of those instances was not the case.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 15, 2013, 02:41:43 AM »
I won't deny that, I'm just saying that it isn't one-sided, and the OOC jokes towards CE in particular have often been more poisonous than the ones flying around now. 

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 15, 2013, 02:44:18 AM »
I won't deny that, I'm just saying that it isn't one-sided, and the OOC jokes towards CE in particular have often been more poisonous than the ones flying around now.

This is a valid point. I haven't seen much in the way of jokes, but it's definitely true that CE is often the target of criticism on the forums, some of it quite harsh. I can see how this might lead to a defensive mindset for Cagilan players.

Eirikr

« Reply #12: July 15, 2013, 03:40:49 AM »
This is a valid point. I haven't seen much in the way of jokes, but it's definitely true that CE is often the target of criticism on the forums, some of it quite harsh. I can see how this might lead to a defensive mindset for Cagilan players.

This is exactly why, in every testimony or warning I give, I note that the problems are much more expansive. But fighting fire with fire is not the answer. It looks like there's at least an impetus now (from the top down, even) to do something.

On a similar, somewhat related note, can we move all this non-news stuff out of the thread?

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: Taran Protest Banner
« Reply #13: July 16, 2013, 12:03:47 AM »
Nice banner

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Sadly on a Tyranny that would be a free ticket to the gallows.

peace!

Eirikr

Re: Taran Protest Banner
« Reply #14: July 16, 2013, 12:38:45 AM »
(Thanks to the mod who moved this out!)