Author Topic: Moderator?  (Read 1394 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Moderator?
« Topic Start: July 16, 2013, 07:53:42 AM »
Who is the Moderator of this board?

Why did I just get "warned" for making a joke with another forum member about his account name?

Perth,

You have received a warning for insulting other users and/or staff members in regards to the message:
Re: Duke and Margrave.

Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The BattleMaster Forum Team.

I said to him "Because you know nothing, Jon Snow" which is clearly a Game of Thrones reference joke to his clearly Game of Thrones account name.... not an insult to him. What in the world?

And even if it was an insult or you didn't get the Game of Thrones reference... far worse insults are thrown around on this forum every single day and that of all things gets me warned?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:02:41 AM by Perth »
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Re: Moderator?
« Reply #1: July 16, 2013, 08:07:15 AM »
There's no report for it, so I don't know who did what.  May have been an Admin rather than a moderator. 

Yes, it's an obvious ASoIAF reference.

Found out who did it.  Undid the warning.  Apologies from the staff, but we're trying to crack down on attacks, so please keep that in mind while posting.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:11:43 AM by Draco Tanos »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 16, 2013, 12:27:57 PM »
Here: « Last Edit: Today at 01:45:42 AM by egamma »

Maybe egamma didn't get the reference. Or he felt it was inappropriate to make that crack at a new player asking a question.

Also, the Moderators are developing a policy for stronger moderation of the boards, specifically insulting and disrespectful behavior.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #3: July 16, 2013, 02:39:02 PM »
No, I didn't get the reference, and I'm guessing that at least a third of our players, if not two thirds, haven't seen Game of Thrones, and would just assume that we let insults like that stand.