Author Topic: OOC message to recruit to realm  (Read 13070 times)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: OOC message to recruit to realm
« Reply #15: July 17, 2013, 02:55:16 PM »
What is wrong here, IMO, is to do it OOC. OOC is never good for the game, but sometimes we do.

I think I did this once, to recruit OOC I mean, I can not remember for sure, but certainly did not think I was wrong. Nor do I think it is wrong to recruit the forum or IRC, something that I have already been criticized. For me, this is part of "playing with friends." When you play something you like, you can call your friends to play with you.

I have been watching what is happening. I have seen many old players starting a new account and leaving it a few days later.
I can see a kingdom that strives for good PR and still can not find noble enough to cover the positions.
I've been seeing some players watching everything the others do and criticizing them when they think they did something wrong.

We all are certainly doing something very wrong because our player base decreases noticeably, and if we do not figure out what it is, we will soon be reduced to just a few players who think the same way.

In my opinion, part of the problem is all the written and unwritten rules that appear every day. Tom made few rules deliberately. These few rules worked before, why do more and more?
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."