Author Topic: Top Bar Change  (Read 2288 times)

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Top Bar Change
« Topic Start: May 02, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »
Is the top bar supposed to bring you to the home page and not your actual logged in account/logged in home page?  I feel like it should bring you into the logged in part of the system and not the main page.  If I go to core login, login, then go to my battlemaster, once I'm done checking my battlemaster I tend to come to the Forum so I click Forum on the top bar and it brings me to the forum but as a guest.  So to be logged in I have to go back to core and login.  Which I believe is why the log in button is there, but if I've done my battlemaster then my forum and want to see battlemaster again clicking the top bar battlemaster brings me to the main page and not my account.

It just seems that the bar was created to make switching between sites easier and quicker where it actually seems I have to go to the same number of pages to get logged in as before.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Top Bar Change
« Reply #1: May 02, 2011, 09:29:11 PM »
when you are logged in, you should stay logged in. But it does not bring you to the login page, no. I agree it could be improved.

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 03, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »
Could you not just change the links on the bar?  So for Battlemaster instead of battlemaster.org change it to the core login link.  For instance right now for Battlemaster the login link on the core page is "http://battlemaster.org/coreauth.php?action=login" if you are not logged in and try to go there it'll just go to the core login screen and then on successful login will go straight to the user details page.  So if logged in and on the forum for instance and click battlemaster with the new link it would go straight to the user details page, which seems more preferable.

egamma

« Reply #3: May 07, 2011, 03:14:56 PM »
I think I made this same suggestion somewhere else--I think it's a great idea. I would much rather go from BM to WI to Forum, instead of having to click the Core Login button first.

After all, if we're not all multis, there's really no need to hit the BM page logged-out, right?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 11, 2011, 03:38:24 PM »
I would much prefer it if the BattleMaster button on the toolbar took you to the login page. I have made this suggestion before, but it probably got lost and forget somewhere.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.