Author Topic: OOC reasons taken for baning charracter from the realm  (Read 12071 times)

T0mislav

Messages that you have from the ruler stating that your character is to be banned because of your OOC message?

My message:

Report from Lucius Domitius   (1 day ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (38 recipients)
This was another premature attack just like Crixus was suggesting it is.

If you lose 5 large battles in a row because of Nobles are not moving on time, it would be reasonable that you start taking the fact that many Nobles are not moving on time and start calculating it in your battle plans like Crixus did (ooc. because there is no way to force anyone to move on time... rule no.1 clearly states that nobles have right to be inactive whenever they want for how long they want and how often they want and if leaders can not accept it they are welcome to step down)... or you can continue wasting army after army ramming them into supperior enemy force and then put blames for defeat on those who did not move.

Lucius Domitius
Priest of Horde of Honor

- Notice that bold part of my message is OOC and is refering on Government #1 Rule, underline part:
The #1 Rule

Being able to be inactive at any time, for reasons he doesn't have to disclose, with no prior warning or excuse, is the one holy right of every BattleMaster player. Anyone so much as touching it will feel my unrestrained wrath. --Tom 20:46, 15 May 2006 (CEST)

All our players are free to play when and how often they like. Do not order them to log on at a specific time, or at certain intervals, especially not "every turn" or "one hour before each turn". This isn't limited to just orders, it also covers getting mad at people or "encouraging" them. Everyone can play this game according to his personal rhythm, and if you can't deal with that then step down. The game already does take care of players going inactive without properly deleting their characters, there is no need to kick or ban them, and it is usually not advantageous to do so.

This also doesn't mean you can't work with the people. Advising or asking players to notify their marshal, liege or the general when they go away for multiple days is a perfectly reasonable request. It is not ok to punish them for failing to do so, however. Real life always has priority and often makes it impossible to send a message, or simply not important enough. Never forget that this is just a game.

- Player of the kings answered on OOC part:
Out-of-Character from Ares Reaver   (16 hours, 44 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (38 recipients)
There is no problem if people aren't able to log in from time to time and move, we all have lives...

There is a problem when someone is always asking for gold to recruit, and NEVER moving when there is a battle...as is the case with Nipples.....we have been watching her moves for a while now and have noted that she misses every battle we are involved in, there is nothing wrong whatsoever in calling that out.... especially when said person is always looking for gold for troops to fight with.

Lucius' IC blurb about Crixus knowing better (what a joke) and OOC besmirching  and reference to "stepping down" is out of line and an obvious ploy to seed malcontent due no doubt to the removal of his other character....not gonna float that boat around here my friend....happy trails : )

Rick Damon

- Notice that bold underline part of player's of king OOC, which is about steping down, referes on underline part of my OOC that quotes underline part of Government Rule #1
- Notice that further in player's of king OOC he is directly saying that my OOC is out of line and together with stated IC is reason for ban - this way he is directly OOC saying that OOC quoting of rules is out of line and is reason for ban

In previous post was question:
The reason for your character's ban on your family page is: "Banned from Lukon by Lucivar SaDiablo.
Reason: for causing trouble by being an open critic and insulting the nobles of Lukon" Is it not possible that your character was banned for precisely that reason?

The problem is that part "causing trouble by being an open critic" includes not only IC but also my OOC publical quoting of rules what player of king is interpreteting as "insulting nobles" = insulting him by "sabotaging" his effots to enforce better efficiency by publical informing players about rules.

IR Activity rule starts with:
Some hardcore players worry about something they call "activity".

Player of king and players of Marshals influenced by him are constantly blaming "activity" for all fails on the battlefield.
I was simply tired of it, and I started publical talking against such attitude what resulted with exile of one of my charracter and ban of the other.

If player of ruler is free to imply that OOC quoting of rules can be reason for ban, then it is all good, and I have no further complaints about the matter.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 11:23:53 AM by T0mislav »