Author Topic: Possible Rebellion bug?  (Read 11525 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Rebellion bug?
« Reply #30: July 25, 2013, 07:56:43 PM »
PS - there is no automatic ban for the rebels losing, our Judge had to ban the remaining rebel today and the rebellion ended yesterday.
That's intended, so long as your judge had the option to ban them all at once. Not all realms want the rebels banned, or at least not all of them.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: July 26, 2013, 02:05:24 AM »
Not even the rebel leader?  This seems very one sided, the Ruler stands to lose everything, the rebels can avoid all penalties

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: July 26, 2013, 02:19:07 AM »
As far as I know, the losing leader(rebel or the ruler whoever lost) will be automatic banned. Their family history will be recorded having this ban stated as "Leader of failed rebellion". Not all rebels will be banned, often the winning side will be gracious enough to give them sometime to go away from the lands ;)

Having a General and the Duke of the capital in your side, will be very important for the rebels. General or Duke can disband the capital militia so that you can win or lose the palace battle easily. So make sure you do not go around appoint wrong persons for these positions ::)

As Anaris says, never use Exile, it only hurts yourself your Honor, and hard earned Prestige. Exile is to see who can last longer in the realm, especially when you cannot ban outright those Royal status folk. This Exile button will be use frequently in future due to a lot of confusion, hehehe 8)

Another thing is having 2 characters from same family in the same realm do not hold any advantage in rebellion. Only 1 character can participate while another 1 has to remain neutral. I should know this better, as one of my character attack my another character. If possible, choose the best character from the 2 characters to participate. The neutral character best get out of harm way by going far away from capital.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: July 26, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »
I should know this better, as one of my character attack my another character. If possible, choose the best character from the 2 characters to participate. The neutral character best get out of harm way by going far away from capital.

Assuming both characters has reason for that :)

Intresting thing is, when judge is one of the rebels... how to get him ban rebels... or more so, how to organize protest fest to get him down from judges seat, without causing protest fest on ruler...
~Violence is always an option!~

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: July 26, 2013, 11:08:58 AM »
I believe if the Rebellion fails, the Judge if a Rebel will automatically lose his seat. But don't quote me on that as it might very well be misinformation.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: July 26, 2013, 02:42:38 PM »
Rebel leaders appear to avoid the ban by joining another realm. (Flint, if you read this, did you get banned and we just didn't get notified?)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: July 27, 2013, 03:24:07 AM »
Rebel leaders appear to avoid the ban by joining another realm. (Flint, if you read this, did you get banned and we just didn't get notified?)
He left during a rebellion, so its probably intended there was no ban. If you really want to know he was or not, either ask your judge or check his family page.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: July 27, 2013, 03:51:48 AM »
He left during a rebellion, so its probably intended there was no ban.

Like I already said, it's not.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: July 27, 2013, 03:53:43 AM »
Like I already said, it's not.
My bad, so sorry on that one. I will see if I can find his family page to check. There was no ban if you weren't already aware, so there is a bug with it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 03:56:29 AM by Penchant »
― G.K. Chesterton

stuartalexmc

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: August 08, 2013, 01:56:52 AM »
Has this been fixed yet?

It's happened in the Barony of Makar. 

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: August 08, 2013, 02:46:29 AM »
Then it stands to reason that it has, in fact, not been fixed.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.