Author Topic: Closing Islands ?  (Read 126891 times)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
Re: Closing Islands ?
« Reply #135: July 22, 2013, 12:07:25 AM »
So I had a good think about this while I was out just now. It seems to me that the only way we can really 'sink' and island is to choose two that aren't going to survive and have them both collide in a fashion where they scramble for land.

In other words two islands are going to one single empty island and they have to duke it out for space through portals that are placed in various places throughout the sinking islands (portal exits I think should be random and have to be explored).

Why do I favor this approach? Nobody feels singled out, it will drive a ton of combat as old alliances shift and batter against one another. How could this actually be done without creating a new island? Two options as I see it.  We sink the Atamara based clones.  Or we sink the FEI and the East having them merged onto a new paired continent ala Dwilight with shrunken coasts from the original FEI and East islands.  This would be a lot more work, but I think will appeal to the player base as it allows cultures to stay in-tact, but to merge realms.