Author Topic: Closing Islands ?  (Read 125947 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Closing Islands ?
« Reply #375: July 30, 2013, 09:17:28 PM »
Has anyone considered switching existing Continents SMA?

That would be the easiest thing to deal with, really. The continent drowned, the shaking was so great even the Stars moved!

I find that to be a pretty cheap solution. Especially since we're talking about a series of famines and monster spawns.

This is an argument I buy. Dwilight has created a continental culture that does not exist in any other island. Pretty much everywhere else I play the realm border is a cultural event horizon. This is also fine, of course, but you couldn't transplant individual Dwilight realms elsewhere and expect the cultures to remain, because the cultures are intertwined.

When War Islands was deleted people tried to recreate the realms cultures and religions on Dwilight. Keep in mind this was a brand new continent with no established rival cultures, realms or religions to give them trouble. The end result is that almost every trace of those transplanted cultures disappeared. Torenism was wiped out by SA, and people basically stopped talking about their former countries. I think the only one left who mentions War Island is Karibash.