Author Topic: Closing Islands ?  (Read 124549 times)

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
Re: Closing Islands ?
« Reply #375: July 30, 2013, 09:33:02 PM »
When War Islands was deleted people tried to recreate the realms cultures and religions on Dwilight. Keep in mind this was a brand new continent with no established rival cultures, realms or religions to give them trouble. The end result is that almost every trace of those transplanted cultures disappeared. Torenism was wiped out by SA, and people basically stopped talking about their former countries. I think the only one left who mentions War Island is Karibash.

Fair enough. Though that doesn't mean it's impossible though. It would just require enough players who cared enough to hold onto their culture to keep it going. It's the same in BM as it is in real life, as long as someone remembers than a culture will endure. If no one can be bothered then it dies out. If enough people can't be bothered to hold onto their cultures when whichever continent sinks, then you can't blame the game for killing it off.

In any case thats all quite relevant to the matter at hand. As much as I love Dwilight and SA, it is a silly argument to say it should be exempt from consideration just because we rped some big red stars- I'm sure every continent has its own unique role playing points and its up to us as players to keep these alive if our island is scheduled for deletion.

This! And that's why I should pay attention when it warns me that someone posted while I was replying.