Author Topic: Closing Islands ?  (Read 124805 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Closing Islands ?
« Reply #390: July 30, 2013, 10:14:00 PM »
Why all this talk about Dwilight?

Why not Atamara? It's not unique in the sense that there is a continent very similar and other continents are also 2 char per player. It's also reputed to be quite boring.

I still think we're better off trying to fix what's wrong with the existing continents rather then deleting one and hoping it will have the desired effect. I'm not even sure it's been explained why the game is in such dire straits that we need such extreme measures. People have said things like "low player density" but that's not a full explanation. Is player density dropping exponentially?

First and foremost I think all of us might want to make an effort to recruit more players (which is being discussed on the facebook campaign section).

Second I think it will do a lot for the game if we just increased environmental hazards like monsters undead and droughts.

Third it might help to have a discussion with high ranking players in continents that tend to be considered dull and suggest ways they can make things more interesting.

It will be different this time though, because if a continent (or continents) get sunk this time, mechanics are actually being put in place so realms can migrate en masse to another island to establish themselves through war. In your example, a handful of folk who had fun playing War Islands together joined in the Dwilight gold rush when the continent was founded. Sadly though, every man and his dog was trying to found new realms at the time.

It wasn't just a few people. Different realms had specific colonies they were going to join in order to maintain dominance. I don't see any real difference between that and what's being proposed.

The Torenists ended up in a difficult spot and although we can bemoan that a realm with a decent culture and religion was lost, it came at the hands of one of the most successful and vibrant religions ever to grace BattleMaster.

I don't bemoan the fact that Torenism died out, however it died out so something new could form. Dwilights cultures will be dieing out to maintain the status quo.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:20:23 PM by pcw27 »