Author Topic: Closing Islands ?  (Read 126163 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Closing Islands ?
« Reply #390: July 31, 2013, 03:05:56 AM »
I won't be deleting EC. It has all the history of this game, in a certain sense, EC is BattleMaster.
I also don't think it would be fair to wipe out BT - they fought for their island and could've lost it, and won against the odds.

I personally would want to delete Dwilight, but I realize it has the most vocal and aggressive fans. However, here is the player density per island:

According to that, we should axe BT, Dwilight or Colonies. FEI is much better than everyone here makes it, it has the highest player densite in the game.

I've been on BT for quite a while, now... I've never felt that we "deserved" our victories against the invasions, at least not the last three. All of them felt like there were on a timer: last long enough, and the invasion will end itself, regardless of what you actually do. Surviving was a lot more about having the others attacked instead of yourself than actually defending yourself. The realms who fared the best were the realms that fought the least. The invasions ended in what really felt like deus ex machina all the time: random new dudes giving some unpredictable new means to fight the daimons appeared and the like.

BT was always a continent that you knew an invasion could mean the loss of it all. That doesn't mean anyone will love to lose all they have, there, but it's the fairest island to close.

And I disagree with the assertion that EC "is" BattleMaster. The game's been running for so long, that I'm sure a great portion of the playerbase has never spent any significant amount of time on it. It's also been the source of a whole lot of complaining and player-based issues over the years.

In any case, some reviewed statistics on player retention may be of use.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron