Author Topic: Closing Islands ?  (Read 125996 times)

SaDiablo

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Closing Islands ?
« Reply #435: August 04, 2013, 05:35:33 AM »
well if your going to have to sink islands, then the islands that sink will have players moving into islands with established realms which results them starting over.  I think something larger needs to be done that can satisfy many parties. It would still have its cons, you can't prevent it and it may take some work and be a challenge but I think the overall pros would outweigh the cons.

Dwilight as an island should stay but it should import realms from the colonies.  The Lich King could cast a spell to do this but its so big and risky it has adverse affects such as sinking parts of Dwilight, non capitals and has part of the colonies and BT rise in its place.  In the Middle of the map you can have the Lich Kings Island, unreachable to the nobility but it can send off random attacks similiar to the BT invasions.  Just a chaotic point some realms would have to deal with.  Combining those realms puts in a unique diversity and can keep a realm like Outer Tilog flowing.

BT should be sunk, its not an island for new players to reach easily and lets be honest and declare the undead/monsters victorious and the gods sink the island in response to it.

FEI was created to be a roleplay island, I don't believe it ever achieved that and it is also the smallest island via the number of regions. Its a good option to end but live at the same time.  The character base there is more chaotic than other realms which is good.

Combine it with EC would bring it up to size with Atamara.

Combining EC with FEI could prove impossible due to shapes but then you could just divide into four sections and combine into something completely insane.  Have majority of regions go rogue from this. 

Atamara by itself is large enough to stand alone imo.  But it should still feel the effects of the other islands.  A large invasion of undead/monsters to destroy as much as possible and to show the gods they didn't quite succeed in destroying all the undead/monsters from BT.

That creates 3 islands but allows you to feasibility keep old histories while new histories are written.

and if this was brought up I apologize but there is 30 pages of comments and that is a lot to read.