Community > Background

How tall was Napoleon

(1/6) > >>

Gustav Kuriga:

--- Quote from: Ehndras on July 22, 2013, 12:53:00 AM ---Nice to see Aurvandil has been knocked down to proper size. I was seriously tired of these ridiculously-coordinated army stacks gangbanging everything in their path. Always suspected Mendi and a few others were cheaters, I just hope they stay gone for good. They'll probably pop in again sometime but after losing all their work its unlikely they'll bother playing in the long-term.

What's Aurvandil like these days? Still the arrogant French Empire or has that unassailable attitude shifted? I always visualized Mendicant as an ultra-cocky Napoleon, stature and all. I hope there are still some good RPers in Aurvandil. While some of the racist and offensive overtones seriously pissed me off, I really enjoyed the upper-tier writing quality.

--- End quote ---

Napoleon was rather tall for his time...

Ehndras:
Quite tall? From what I was taught in Brazil and USA, he was very short. Comically-so.

Vita`:
While I don't recall his actual height, I do recall that a lot of the basis for the Napoleon short jokes was from british propaganda during the napoleonic wars.

Gustav Kuriga:

--- Quote from: Ehndras on July 22, 2013, 06:24:14 AM ---Quite tall? From what I was taught in Brazil and USA, he was very short. Comically-so.

--- End quote ---

Yeah... just going to say right now that America's track record on teaching objective history to students is rather... checkered, to say the least.

Ehndras:
Huh. Apparently he was actually 5'7. Still shortish, but not that much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version