Author Topic: Rebellion in Silnaria  (Read 29085 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellion in Silnarnia
« Reply #30: July 24, 2013, 05:51:22 PM »
I don't think this rebellion has anything to do with bringing Silnaria into the Cagilan fold. It has to do with removing the singular point of contention half the continent has with Silnaria.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: July 24, 2013, 05:58:30 PM »
I don't think this rebellion has anything to do with bringing Silnaria into the Cagilan fold. It has to do with removing the singular point of contention half the continent has with Silnaria.

Now, I'm not on Atamara, let alone in Silnaria, but...honestly, I'd be very surprised if, upon removing the strong-willed leader who has been diligently keeping Silnaria opposed to the monolithic power sweeping the continent, a ruler wasn't soon elected who decided that his power would be best assured by bowing to the prevailing winds.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: July 24, 2013, 06:01:18 PM »
Now, I'm not on Atamara, let alone in Silnaria, but...honestly, I'd be very surprised if, upon removing the strong-willed leader who has been diligently keeping Silnaria opposed to the monolithic power sweeping the continent, a ruler wasn't soon elected who decided that his power would be best assured by bowing to the prevailing winds.

That's what I am guessing will happen.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: July 24, 2013, 06:18:16 PM »
There won't be an elected ruler. Silnaria is a monarchy.

Unless Ravendon plans on stepping down immediately. Which is lame. But he hasn't said he would.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: July 24, 2013, 06:26:08 PM »
There won't be an elected ruler. Silnaria is a monarchy.

Unless Ravendon plans on stepping down immediately. Which is lame. But he hasn't said he would.

Well they just lost the sunset battle. I think the rebellion is probably going to fail at this point, as I imagine most of the people who were going to join it already have and the loyalist forces are quickly gaining strength.

This rebellion is a complete disaster for Silnaria no matter who wins it, but I suspect it will be even worse with a loyalist victory  :P

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: July 24, 2013, 06:31:31 PM »
Yeah, it may not go over well with the MiCE. But even so, it's not like Tara/CE will just sit back and say "Oh, Ravendon has the throne now? Well, then sure, we'll just give up everything we want, and just let you guys stonewall us for good." The only way to get MiCE off Silnaria's back would be to roll over and let them have anything they want. Or perhaps that's Ravendon's plan to begin with, to realign Silnaria back toward MiCE. Ravendon's rebellion message itself states that he is rebelling, at least partly, on the request of foreign governments. And you can bet that the northerners weren't the ones asking for this.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: July 24, 2013, 06:50:28 PM »
Yet, Ravendon hails from the North.  ::) ;D

Interesting times
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Eirikr

« Reply #37: July 24, 2013, 06:51:18 PM »
Now, obviously, I don't want to jump into much OOC analysis given the fact that I'm kinda in the thick of it, but quite honestly, I think Silnaria would've been fine either way.

On one hand, we've had a couple weeks of diplomatic jockeying and quasi-wars... The board was pretty much set before the rebellion. It'd be a big messy war and it may have been fun depending on your definition. Personally, I think a surprising number of realms would've just sat out, making it fairly well-balanced.

On the other hand, it's a pretty likely case that Ravendon taking the helm back will prevent Silnaria from being attacked immediately, but I never planned to just reserve space on the map. Merlin's definitely changed Atamara, but everyone knows that and fears it.

I do want to put one thing to rest, though; this has nothing to do with foreign governments. Ask General Enri... Ravendon got pretty nasty with him about it. ;)

To the players who are OOC concerned Silnaria will get boring, just wait a little and see what happens. This right here should be proof enough that you can make something interesting yourself; a tip Merlin taught me.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: July 24, 2013, 07:09:16 PM »
To the players who are OOC concerned Silnaria will get boring, just wait a little and see what happens. This right here should be proof enough that you can make something interesting yourself; a tip Merlin taught me.

I just want to highlight this point.

If a realm is boring, make it interesting yourself. Don't wait for others to do it. You get out what you put in.

------

On the topic:

So, this was fun to come back to from a vacation, but it seems that I'll be retaining my throne for now in Silnaria even though I didn't gain internet access until shortly after it began.

I would also like to agree that I think this puts Silnaria in a much worse situation than it was just before the rebellion began. Regardless of the winner, I don't think the rebellion goes well for Silnaria. Only rebellions with nigh complete support of the nobility usually help the realm. This definitely isn't one of them as we currently have like 28% rebels, 30% loyalists, and the rest neutral.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Eirikr

« Reply #39: July 24, 2013, 07:31:05 PM »
Well, this is a kicker:

• Read messages, make mental notes of who to respond to.
  • Begin writing general message, struggling with exactly what I want to say.
  • Get more messages, decided to save the big one for later and address people specifically, with colorful responses.
  • Begin writing new message, planning on saving the original large one for later.
  • Accidentally close new message, message is lost.
  • Begin rewriting new message.
  • Notice easy quick-response message, prioritize.
  • Get stabbed.
  • Not allowed to send the quick-response.
  • Give up on all messages due to wound + likelihood of things changing radically by the time it's done.

All this happened within maybe an hour or two. Saves me the trouble at least.

;D

Also, am I the only one who thinks this rebellion will actually go spectacularly well for Atamara, if not Silnaria (regardless of who wins)? If nothing else, it finally forces something to happen instead of the fake war and diplomatic jockeying we've had for the past few weeks. Even Darka got bored and decided to march to BoM.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:31:46 PM by Eirikr »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: July 24, 2013, 10:41:42 PM »
I have no idea what's going on around me, but I'm thinking that clicking on the "join rebels" link was a mistake as it seems obvious it'll fail now. Didn't really care either way, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: July 24, 2013, 10:47:25 PM »
I have no idea what's going on around me, but I'm thinking that clicking on the "join rebels" link was a mistake as it seems obvious it'll fail now. Didn't really care either way, though.

Well, it will be a good excuse to ban you  ;D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: July 24, 2013, 10:52:53 PM »
Well, it will be a good excuse to ban you  ;D

I just decided to pause my character. I wasn't doing anything anyways, haven't since Minas Ithil died (and even before then...). No point in continuing to play that character.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #43: July 24, 2013, 11:09:09 PM »
I just decided to pause my character. I wasn't doing anything anyways, haven't since Minas Ithil died (and even before then...). No point in continuing to play that character.

Best way to get away from being punished :)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: July 24, 2013, 11:11:08 PM »
Best way to get away from being punished :)

Except he can still be banned...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."