Author Topic: Possible Rebellion bug?  (Read 11537 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Possible Rebellion bug?
« Topic Start: July 24, 2013, 08:44:31 PM »
Greetings all,

With the recent rebellion Lyonesse I am wondering if this is a bug because it seems like a rather powerful .. almost exploit.

1. Declare rebellion
2. King can not exile rebels
3. Loyalists rally at capital
4. Rebels leave capital
5. Loyalists have to stay at the capital to gain control
6. Rebel changes allegience on region
7. Rebellion ends with rebel keeping region lord position.

thoughts?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Rebellion bug?
« Reply #1: July 24, 2013, 08:51:23 PM »
Can you clarify a little? I'm not entirely sure what happened there...I'm not on Atamara, so I have no prior knowledge of these events.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 24, 2013, 08:59:52 PM »
Sure,

In Lyonesse, Flint declared a rebellion.  Loyalist forces were a few regions away.  We made our way to the capital where Flint and Sadat had a couple turns of taking over with no resistence.  Loyalists show up, battle wages, Flint and Sadat flee.  I try to exile them both, but can't during a rebellion.  Flint goes to his region and changes allegiance to a neighboring realm.  Next day the rebellion is over and Sadat is removed from his title, but since Flint is now a member of another realm, he keeps his position.

Seems to me this could be abused when the rebels see they are losing, just leave the capital and switch allegience before the rebellion officially ends.

There may be a second bug here but I'll wait until tomorrow to confirm.  Flint was the General which is an elected position, him leaving the realm didn't trigger an election, though it shows the position as empty.

Thanks,
Scott

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 24, 2013, 11:24:53 PM »
I don't see an issue with the allegiance change.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 24, 2013, 11:27:48 PM »
I don't think keeping titles is so much an issue. The thing that stands out for me is that Flint will have dodged an automatic ban by doing things this way. Perhaps there should also be an automatic ban for a rebel leader if they abandon the realm during the course of a rebellion as well as for defeat in the capital. Either way he has led a failed rebellion.

But what Flint did in hanging on to a lordship? It sounds sensible to me. If you are a rebel losing a rebellion you don't hang around for the executioners axe! Though most times you will have no hope of leaving the realm in time to switch allegiance. I expect it's very rare and only in extraordinary circumstances that any rebel leader can make it outside of their realms borders before their rebellion is crushed.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 25, 2013, 12:11:15 AM »
Hmm... may be any rebel switching allegiance before the rebellion ends gets an auto-ban?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 25, 2013, 12:25:06 AM »
Why not just auto-ban anybody who switches allegiance? We auto-ban secessionists, even when they're on good terms - the Judge can then go in and lift them. How is changing allegiance different?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 25, 2013, 12:53:07 AM »
That's what we used to do.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 25, 2013, 01:09:39 AM »
Why not just auto-ban anybody who switches allegiance? We auto-ban secessionists, even when they're on good terms - the Judge can then go in and lift them. How is changing allegiance different?

I... actually thought this already did happen.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 25, 2013, 01:21:50 AM »
If rebels can change allegiance, don't block the Ruler from exiling.  All the rebels in Silnaria need to do is when they start losing, change allegiance en mass without repercussion, and probably win the rebellion without having to fight for it.   It just seems there's no counter-balance to this.

Can Judges ban rebels (during the rebellion)?

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 25, 2013, 04:14:34 AM »
I only remember the Exile option ever used 1 time in my whole Battlemaster playing experience since year 2009.

The Exile can be used before the Rebellion, this much I can confirm. If let say during the Rebellion, I also dont know :(

Can you confirm whether the rebels(do they joined the rebellion or remain neutral status) before the supposed rebels change regions allegiance?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 04:17:21 AM by Ketchum »
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 25, 2013, 06:19:16 AM »
What I want to know is why a rebel General is able to disband troops AFTER a rebellion has begun.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Eirikr

« Reply #12: July 25, 2013, 07:12:02 AM »
What I want to know is why a rebel General is able to disband troops AFTER a rebellion has begun.

Actually, yes, I would like to know this as well. I can confirm it works; I didn't think it would, so I tried.

I suppose one could argue that in the confusion, the commoners aren't sure whose orders to follow and are all too glad to accept whatever coin they can and bail. From a game balance perspective, though, it would mean that having the General on your side during a rebellion is pretty essential.

Very much related, I believe the General can also still assign militia.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 25, 2013, 07:19:12 AM »
I dont see here problem anywhere else than dodging banishment.

I can guarantee that in real life too, it is pretty essential which side General is rebels or loyalists :P

Everyone is not equal, not even during rebel times.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 25, 2013, 11:56:56 AM »
Military coups for everyone!!
Also dont forget the duke of the capital can also assign/disband militia during a rebellion, there's lots of people that you should not piss off during a rebellion
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 12:43:19 PM by Jaron »
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words