Author Topic: Facebook Campaign  (Read 14092 times)

Eirikr

Re: Facebook Campaign
« Reply #15: July 27, 2013, 07:23:37 PM »
Maybe we should post on Facebook about this exciting conversation.

+1 Well played, sir.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 27, 2013, 08:01:56 PM »
Has there ever been any sort of Battlemaster presence on reddit? It might not be a bad idea to do Facebook ads and hit up the other popular sites that can help increase traffic and maybe turn people on to the game itself.

It seems there is a BM subreddit. Good thinking actually. That would probably be a very good place for us to start making an effort.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #17: July 27, 2013, 08:39:27 PM »
It seems there is a BM subreddit. Good thinking actually. That would probably be a very good place for us to start making an effort.

Then stop talking about it and start doing it. ;-)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 28, 2013, 01:01:46 AM »
This is slightly off topic, but does anyone know what would be involved in getting BM added to the list of text-based MMORPGs on Wikipedia, along with an associated description page?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_text-based_MMORPGs

Battlemaster must be one of the longest lived, not-for-profit, text-based MMOs in continuous play in the world. If that doesn't deserve an entry on Wikipedia, I'll eat my shoes. Just getting BM a Wikipedia listing might bring in a ton of extra players.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 28, 2013, 01:09:42 AM »
IIRC, BattleMaster used to have a wikipedia article, but it got removed for reasons I've forgotten since.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 28, 2013, 01:51:43 AM »
Going back a while, but a history here: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Wikipedia

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 28, 2013, 02:08:39 PM »
IIRC, BattleMaster used to have a wikipedia article, but it got removed for reasons I've forgotten since.

It got removed because of the deletionist movement on Wikipedia, which is intent upon removing as many articles as possible.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Sarwell

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 28, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »
It got removed because of the deletionist movement on Wikipedia, which is intent upon removing as many articles as possible.
"THITACION NEEDED! OMG! You can't jutht go around putting articleth for thingth that EGTHITHT! You gotta have THITACIONS!"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:30:38 PM by Sarwell »
Sarwell Family - Alna (Phantaria), Rosnan (Ohnar West), Julian (Strombran)
New female characters start with an extra 10% skill in cooking and in cleaning.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 28, 2013, 07:46:08 PM »
If you value your sanity, stay away from the deletionists.

Reading these posts, I had to laugh when I imagined you were both old grumpy men haha  :P

'Hey Bob, maybe it'd be a good idea to add them 'hashtags' kids be a-usin' these days'
'What's a hashtag Herman? I don't know nothin' 'bout those, can we grow them?'

Hey Wolfang, I think reality is stealing your jokes:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/07/25/1226567/-Shadowy-group-of-losers-plot-conservative-strategy-hashtags
------
qui audet vincit

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 28, 2013, 08:40:14 PM »
... We should of deleted Wikipedia before they could delete us ::) 8)
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

egamma

« Reply #25: July 29, 2013, 02:01:34 AM »
This is slightly off topic, but does anyone know what would be involved in getting BM added to the list of text-based MMORPGs on Wikipedia, along with an associated description page?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_text-based_MMORPGs

Battlemaster must be one of the longest lived, not-for-profit, text-based MMOs in continuous play in the world. If that doesn't deserve an entry on Wikipedia, I'll eat my shoes. Just getting BM a Wikipedia listing might bring in a ton of extra players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_text-based_MMORPGs has been updated.

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: July 29, 2013, 02:45:30 AM »
Excellent. Great work. Now it needs an actual page to describe the game. Considering how new some of the games on that list are, Battlemaster should certainly be suitable for a full entry on Wikipedia. If they delete it, I really don't know why some of those other games are more deserving of entries.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: July 29, 2013, 04:37:14 AM »
Part of it has to do with the notability requirements. A subject has to be mentioned in three hardcopy publications before it can be considered notable and deserving of a wikipedia page.

Of course just like everything else about wikipedia, this is highly subjective, and arbitrary.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #28: July 29, 2013, 04:39:00 AM »
Part of it has to do with the notability requirements. A subject has to be mentioned in three hardcopy publications before it can be considered notable and deserving of a wikipedia page.

Of course just like everything else about wikipedia, this is highly subjective, and arbitrary.

Not to mention by the use of such notability requirements by deletionists, it's really taking out the thing that made Wikipedia different form any other encyclopedia.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 29, 2013, 04:43:00 AM »
anybody want to publish three one page hardcover books with only this for text: www.battlemaster.org

and then name them -Suck it Deletionists
-Battlemaster on the Wiki forever
-Trololol: The Trololololing?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.