Author Topic: Message upon arrival to the FEI is off  (Read 2654 times)

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Message upon arrival to the FEI is off
« Topic Start: July 26, 2013, 02:32:26 PM »
This is a roleplaying island. Constant roleplaying is required, and you can be OOC-banned for refusing to. In addition, we enforce the social contract very strongly here, and any and all OOC insults or attacks on other players will get you banned. Of course, in-character feuds with other characters are perfectly acceptable, if they are properly roleplayed..

This message would have been off-putting even when there was more RP on the island ('constant'?) but it seems it should be removed entirely.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Message upon arrival to the FEI is off
« Reply #1: July 27, 2013, 03:19:12 AM »
Are you sure this still exists? I got a new knight on FEI maybe 2 months ago and I don't recall seeing that message.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 27, 2013, 03:49:30 AM »
The requirement for constant roleplaying always kept me away from FEI. Back before this forum was around, I assumed that by 'roleplaying' it meant sending roleplay messages. It's a bit esoteric.  "You must constantly stay in character" would have been a less confusing phrase, if that's how it was meant to be interpreted.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 27, 2013, 03:52:26 AM »
The requirement for constant roleplaying always kept me away from FEI. Back before this forum was around, I assumed that by 'roleplaying' it meant sending roleplay messages. It's a bit esoteric.  "You must constantly stay in character" would have been a less confusing phrase, if that's how it was meant to be interpreted.
Your original interpretation is the right one of the message, but its poorly written considering stating constant roleplaying is needed is simply ridiculous regardless of if its a RP island. Its unfortunate others have probably not gone to FEI for the same reason.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 27, 2013, 03:53:25 AM »
The FEI is not a roleplaying island. That designation was dropped several years ago.

It should not have any special message.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 27, 2013, 04:50:45 PM »
I didn't get that message when starting a new character there, but I did get it when emigrating to it.

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 27, 2013, 06:34:14 PM »
Same thing under ruler OOC ban.

"On the Far-East Island, you are allowed to ban people for repeatedly and consistently refusing to roleplay."