Author Topic: Swordfell Scoop  (Read 10308 times)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
Re: Swordfell Scoop
« Reply #15: May 22, 2014, 06:04:49 PM »
Swordfell, having gotten rid of Ironsides, seems to be a much better place. Although, there is still a bit too much OOC blabbering from certain quarters for it to be enjoyable for me. Maybe it will slow down, once the initial shock of Sevastian Guile, Second of His Name, showing up wears off.

Time to have some fun  8)

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 22, 2014, 06:31:16 PM »
Why was Ironsides kicked out?  I'd have thought that family would be welcomed back with its deep history in Swordfell's founding.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 22, 2014, 06:43:17 PM »
I think the player paused his characters, didn't he?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 22, 2014, 06:50:32 PM »
Why was Ironsides kicked out?  I'd have thought that family would be welcomed back with its deep history in Swordfell's founding.

I don't believe he was kicked out. Either paused or deleted Bowie.

Regardless, anyone involved with the founding of Swordfell doesn't really have any influence in the realm as it stands now. The youth are seeing to that. :P

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 22, 2014, 06:57:20 PM »
Oh, I thought he had started a new character in the realm a month or so back.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 23, 2014, 12:11:10 AM »
Oh, I thought he had started a new character in the realm a month or so back.

Ironsides came back with a new character, but I think it got paused along with Bowie.

Regardless, anyone involved with the founding of Swordfell doesn't really have any influence in the realm as it stands now. The youth are seeing to that. :P

I think there are only three of the 'old guard' left. Claude, Enoch, and Elroth. Plus, I think over half of Swordfell are only a few seasons into being Fellish. A new generation has arisen in the youngest realm in Dwilight!
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 23, 2014, 01:08:50 AM »
So far, based on my experiences with the 'new generation' I cannot say that it is an improvement over the old one.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 24, 2014, 07:54:19 PM »
So far, based on my experiences with the 'new generation' I cannot say that it is an improvement over the old one.

Meaning, they like to hide in the mountains and pretend they're the Switzerland of DWI?  ;)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 25, 2014, 09:42:20 AM »
Exactly that.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: June 06, 2014, 09:59:05 PM »
I think Enoch just got elected Ceasar.  ;D
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 06, 2014, 10:15:12 PM »
Caesar, and congrats  :)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 06, 2014, 11:53:43 PM »
Kaiser, and congrats :P

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 22, 2014, 05:44:05 PM »
I think Enoch just got elected Ceasar.  ;D

You mean Swordfell got duped into letting a traitorous snake slither onto the throne, who will only lead them into death and destruction?

Congratulations!

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 22, 2014, 11:07:47 PM »
Granted, he did steal that Dukeship in a way, but what can you expect? Swordfell pardoned every crime even when the Duke confessed to doing things expressly contrary to the posted Constitution (but his intent to 'not harm Swordfell' absolved him). If Swordfell had at least voted 'yes' to the Duke's crime of calling fellow nobles whores and bastards (verbatim), I wouldn't have done it. But Swordfell absolved him even when he said it directly to the public during the trial. Why would Enoch pay attention to a courtesy (public election for Dukes) when dukes/lords were made by appointment (part of the reason profitable lands went lordless despite interest from knights).

Enoch came in like a populist Republican General, and he got banned without trial or crime when he butted heads with the currently entrenched tyrant. It didn't play out like Caesar, but it was still a good show.