Author Topic: Swordfell Scoop  (Read 10162 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Swordfell Scoop
« Topic Start: July 27, 2013, 07:43:13 AM »

This is an official post for the players of Swordfell and for players who want to discuss aspects of Swordfell. We're on here largely because we got into trouble for using the OOC feature on Dwilight ( :/ ), so instead we will direct our conversations here. Lately things have been quiet, but hopefully we can figure out what direction (as players) we'd like to go with our Republic. Here's the spot to do it and not get a Titan warning!

So my Fellish bros and sis's, what's up?
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Swordfell Scoop
« Reply #1: July 28, 2013, 05:32:17 PM »
Stockpiling a bit of gold and h/p on my northern vacation. Morek seems to be winding down with their peace with Luria, so Enoch will probably be heading west in a few weeks.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

gregg.mckiernan

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 29, 2013, 08:46:34 AM »
I've been slightly inactive as of late, the job and personal life of course take priority, however I look forward to contributing more to both this forum as well as IC as Vidar.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 29, 2013, 03:33:14 PM »
There are tons of things I'd like to see Swordfell become. Most of all culturally expanded I believe, and it is something that many of my characters tries to stress when they are in leadership positions. That directive comes from me as a player as I believe it is important to have a strong culture in a realm to make it bonding and fun for players even without war (even though war indeed is fun, it should not be the only fun there is).

Culture are those small things that you hardly think about but that creates something tangible, something that is the fellish experience. "The Shyussei apples" that Silas keeps going on about for example ;) Or how strong the tough life in the mountains makes our characters. Or how democratic Swordfell is with the voting on most things. But I must become better and promote the cultural aspect more.

Religion is part of culture as well! And that is an aspect we can certainly delve deeper into as a realm :)

But it all comes down to creating something lively. Pesonally, I like realms that speak "nonsense" with each other ;)
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 29, 2013, 09:37:25 PM »

I absolutely LOVE cultural aspects, and greatly enjoy your efforts Kain. If everyone in Swordfell is on board, perhaps we can make another Season Plan to invest time and energy into rewriting all of the region descriptions, to attributing each region (or groupings of regions) with little characteristics and lore, and other such folk stuff. For example, I have always considered the two regions of Nyuushi and Shyussei fascinating what with the forest, the coast and the mountain range circling them. Perhaps they can develop their own little regional storyline? Same with the mountains, same with the peninsula, same with the valley. Swordfell has so much that we can literally create our own sphere right within its borders.

Additionally, earlier I wanted to do stuff with the characters (remember the Character Questionnaire or whatever it was called?) but people didn't really respond well to that. I'm not sure why...?
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 29, 2013, 10:22:51 PM »
For example, I have always considered the two regions of Nyuushi and Shyussei fascinating what with the forest, the coast and the mountain range circling them. Perhaps they can develop their own little regional storyline?

I wrote some fluff about Shyusseians a long time ago, feel free to use it:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Dwilight_University/Humanities/Underground_Lords_of_Unterstrom
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 01, 2013, 06:26:49 PM »
I absolutely LOVE cultural aspects, and greatly enjoy your efforts Kain. If everyone in Swordfell is on board, perhaps we can make another Season Plan to invest time and energy into rewriting all of the region descriptions, to attributing each region (or groupings of regions) with little characteristics and lore, and other such folk stuff. For example, I have always considered the two regions of Nyuushi and Shyussei fascinating what with the forest, the coast and the mountain range circling them. Perhaps they can develop their own little regional storyline? Same with the mountains, same with the peninsula, same with the valley. Swordfell has so much that we can literally create our own sphere right within its borders.

Additionally, earlier I wanted to do stuff with the characters (remember the Character Questionnaire or whatever it was called?) but people didn't really respond well to that. I'm not sure why...?

And I believe Bowie has done great work for culture in the past. I know it all too well how difficult it can be. It is almost like playing a priest. Trying to get people to care :D But when it succeeds, it is truly awesome.

So he must just try again and again. Silas will try to help :D

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 02, 2013, 02:12:26 AM »
What Swordfell needs is a Himoura to cleverly back stab Bowie... Again.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 02, 2013, 04:49:35 AM »
I learned my lesson after the first time...not saying Bowie wouldn't welcome Jonsu to Swordfell, but there definitely will be friction!

Kain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 02, 2013, 05:12:12 AM »
I learned my lesson after the first time...not saying Bowie wouldn't welcome Jonsu to Swordfell, but there definitely will be friction!

We did have some fun with the renegade duke stuff, which was definite friction....until Sevastian gave the whole (albeit small) capital duchy to Luria Nova :p It also became too OOC for some reason.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 02, 2013, 06:31:21 AM »

Swordfell is too backwater for Jonsu. I have a new realm to go rule in D'hara anyway.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 13, 2014, 06:57:30 PM »
With the influx of migrants, I figured this thread might use a little necromancy. Swordfell really has let its propaganda fall by the way-side.

So, Swordfell is still taking asylum seekers. We've seen a few from different realms, but I think most folk see the Divides as march-over country. Y'all just won't find good 'ole backwater hospitality anywheres else!

A Dirge for the Unhomed

Across the sad and salted seas,
driven from tainted shores.
We see you, noble refugees,
we are humbled by your chores.

No man should be bereft of his home,
the lands his heart adores.
We weep with you, the Unhomed,
we hope Fellish care restores.

Spurred away by gnashing teeth,
a fight unlike most wars.
Monster's cry and dead's bequeath,
it is what man abhors.

No man should be bereft of his home,
the lands his heart adores.
We weep with you, the Unhomed,
we hope Fellish care restores.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 27, 2014, 05:06:30 AM »
Update: Swordfell's vitals are fully reclaimed. I think there have been over a dozen new Fellish. I'm starting to see the benefit of noble density. Now the anxious wait for winter.

Enoch has begun massive military reforms. He's still looking for marshals willing to attempt something unconventional, as there are no takers yet. Can't seem to give away positions of unimaginable power!

Three Barcans of note have entered the Fellish community. "The Hunchback" Sir Chuldah, deformed by Sir Kori, and joined by the Lady Eilophe, have become Fellish in rejection to Barca's judge heavy hand in demanding wergild for peasants. Quite the interesting event when that very judge, Sir Timotheous, joined Swordfell some time later!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 05:08:40 AM by Dishman »

Roran

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 27, 2014, 07:32:35 PM »
I was amused when I was just in time with joining to see their banishment going into effect. Very, very amusing! I hope that I might find them again, since they're very good roleplaying companionship. Well, my character hates Chuldah's guts, but a reencounter can only be hilarious.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 27, 2014, 07:54:16 PM »
Ah yes, our Judge's folly. The Barcan's are still welcome in Swordfell, as the Judge abdicated after protests. Fellish law can be a harsh mistress to those who don't wield it carefully as easily as those who offend it.