Author Topic: Player Statistics  (Read 12318 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Player Statistics
« Reply #30: August 08, 2013, 06:22:58 AM »
Everyone with a cooperative approach to communication did quite well understand what I meant. You are just being a smartass and love to contradict people. That attitude, precisely, is what makes the forums such a hostile place to be. Playing the "I interpret things you say in a way you didn't mean and we both know it" game is fun amongst friends where body language and other non-verbal clues tell you when to stop. On a forum, it is just destructive communication.

I was just showing you that 2 years isn't that long a period of time for truly good games. Most popular AAA games don't even go for keeping people for two years in the same game, instead they release a new game in a series every few years to get a sense of renewal, which is why there are still people playing Halo games or World of Warcraft.

I'm not saying we have to re-release Battlemaster every few years, but we should do something that lends a sense of renewal.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 08, 2013, 10:43:22 AM »
Battlemaster is different from other games in that the time you can invest into it is limited to a few minutes per day. You can not spend all night playing Battlemaster the way you can with Alpha Centauri. So, rather than lump sums, time spent on this game is made through many short semi-scheduled daily payments. The average overall amount is probably still pretty good, but it's surely nothing spectacular.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: August 09, 2013, 12:32:41 AM »
You can not spend all night playing Battlemaster

Challenge accepted.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: August 09, 2013, 03:41:34 AM »
I ay not have spent all *night* playing BattleMaster, but I've definitely spent all *day* playing BattleMaster before. Many times...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 09, 2013, 03:54:51 AM »
You can not spend all night playing Battlemaster the way you can with Alpha Centauri.

I once woke up in the middle of the night to check on the results of my rebellion, and spent the rest of the night consolidating my position :P

Fwuvoghor, how I miss thee...
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: August 09, 2013, 08:27:52 AM »
Hehe. If you haven't stayed up all night on BattleMaster to launch/quell a rebellion you're doing it wrong :-P

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: August 09, 2013, 04:08:07 PM »
All night?  nooo but til 3am you bet I have.  However most of that was just hanging out with realm mates in a yahoo chat. 

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: August 10, 2013, 06:57:22 AM »
I remember an Infiltrator of Fontan... I had to stay there clicking like a crazy to deport him before he can escape. He was there clicking like crazy too... I deported a lot of Infiltrators this way. Also, many times I spend some good time playing BM while I drink a beer, etc.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: August 10, 2013, 11:09:09 AM »
Slope this in the other direction, people perceive positive slopes as good.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre