Author Topic: Punishments in cases of harassment  (Read 15729 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Punishments in cases of harassment
« Topic Start: July 29, 2013, 09:19:09 PM »
Please note that a permanent account lock is not something that we can apply without approval from Tom. Such a punishment has been referred to by Tom as the worst thing that we can do to a player, and to my knowledge it has only ever been used against multi-cheaters in the history of this game. Given the severity of such a punishment, I would say that it's not something we would consider applying except under the most extreme and unusual of circumstances. To do it for a first offense is therefore probably out of the question.

My question is: What crime is worse than driving players away from the game?

Harassment can do that just as easily as multi-cheating if not more so. If your personal actions drive away players from the game because you are breaking the rules in some manner, then in my opinion you deserve the harshest punishments possible. If that requires Tom's personal approval, then that shouldn't stop the Magistrates from ruling on that, and requesting Tom to take that action.

At the very minimum, titles ought to be stripped and banned from receiving them for X amount of time. Temporary account locks for less than a week are seemingly meaningless punishments in my opinion, and are essentially warnings.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."