Author Topic: Punishments in cases of harassment  (Read 15756 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Punishments in cases of harassment
« Topic Start: July 29, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »
A week is better than three days, because there are no game-mechanic downsides for a three-day lock. However, with a week long lock, you will lose all of your government and lordship positions. You won't be banned from them, but you will temporarily lose them due to inactivity. Can you regain them? Sure. But, it means that that particular character has enough trust from his realm-mates even following the punishment, to regain that position. In such a case, he would deserve to regain them.

If removing their titles was our goal, I think I'd rather just use our ability to strip titles. If that's what we were after, I wouldn't want them to be able to regain them so easily; that would negate the point of doing it in the first place.

The question is, do you want just one person to change, or do you want to preemptively make sure abuses such as harassment don't occur in the future from others?

I understand this point, but to make an effective example we would need to have a very strong case, one that would be beyond dispute. I think that's an exceptionally high bar to meet when it comes to harassment.