Author Topic: OOC message to recruit to realm  (Read 13044 times)

Swiftblade

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: OOC message to recruit to realm
« Reply #30: July 20, 2013, 09:24:07 AM »
I was about to quit this game 2 weeks in, and if I hadn't gone on IRC and had a chat about fun realms to play in then I would have.

This game just isn't inviting or easy to new players who have no idea of mechanics, no idea of whats fun and no idea how to play. If they join a smaller realm hoping to not get killed 5min in, then they will often be bored if there is no war currently happening.

Also players can be unwilling to experiment, and would rather just quit. Its a hard game to wrap your head around sometimes.

I personally think that if new players weren't enticed then a lot would leave, and I don't care about bribes if it means there are more players. Because after the wars are done and people have learnt some stuff they will move on and find new things to do, new islands to play on or switch realms. Bribes are just a means to an end.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: July 20, 2013, 02:02:02 PM »
I was about to quit this game 2 weeks in, and if I hadn't gone on IRC and had a chat about fun realms to play in then I would have.

This game just isn't inviting or easy to new players who have no idea of mechanics, no idea of whats fun and no idea how to play. If they join a smaller realm hoping to not get killed 5min in, then they will often be bored if there is no war currently happening.

Also players can be unwilling to experiment, and would rather just quit. Its a hard game to wrap your head around sometimes.

I personally think that if new players weren't enticed then a lot would leave, and I don't care about bribes if it means there are more players. Because after the wars are done and people have learnt some stuff they will move on and find new things to do, new islands to play on or switch realms. Bribes are just a means to an end.

I can completely understand this, and agree. This is a lot of what I am trying to mitigate with my changes to the character creation process and the newbie experience in general. As part of that, I am working with Vellos to develop some surveys that will be given to new players and existing players about their realms, in order to try to gauge the overall tone of each of them. This information should make it easier for new players to find realms that actually suit them. However, I am very open to more suggestions on how to improve this further.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: July 20, 2013, 02:16:06 PM »
I can completely understand this, and agree. This is a lot of what I am trying to mitigate with my changes to the character creation process and the newbie experience in general. As part of that, I am working with Vellos to develop some surveys that will be given to new players and existing players about their realms, in order to try to gauge the overall tone of each of them. This information should make it easier for new players to find realms that actually suit them. However, I am very open to more suggestions on how to improve this further.

But we must finished our region gold rebalance.. After that, you may start your surveys...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:18:26 PM by Terises Jr. »