Author Topic: Roleplaying events  (Read 2773 times)

flames

• Knight
    • View Profile
Roleplaying events
« Topic Start: August 31, 2013, 08:17:53 AM »
Is it the rule that winner of the duel gets to write about it and can write whatever details he wants about other character? It isnt question of changing the outcome, but describing other character's moves, reactions, etc.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplaying events
« Reply #1: August 31, 2013, 08:24:02 AM »
 I think all roleplay, duel winner or not, is subject to the guidelines in: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Roleplaying#Roleplaying_Guidelines

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 31, 2013, 03:22:33 PM »
Yes, refer to the guidelines Vita posted.

The Magistrates don't generally police roleplay etiquette.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 31, 2013, 04:05:28 PM »
Is it the rule that winner of the duel gets to write about it and can write whatever details he wants about other character? It isnt question of changing the outcome, but describing other character's moves, reactions, etc.

To directly answer this question: No. You cannot roleplay what another person's character does.

However, if the game states that you seriously wounded him, you can say where you wounded him, provided this does not permanently maim or cripple him (unless you have the player's permission to do so!). So you can say you stabbed him twice in the side and once in the chest, but you can't say you cut off his arm unless he agrees to let you.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan