Author Topic: Punishments in cases of harassment  (Read 15733 times)

nanakisan

• Freeman
  • I'm a absolute looney! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery of 3D madness
Re: Punishments in cases of harassment
« Reply #15: July 30, 2013, 05:52:41 AM »
The issue here is. A player competitive nature forced him to make brash accusations on two other players. His handy work forced them to essentially forget what was fun about this game and leave.

I am a former admin to once large sci-fi RP communities forum. There were many thing s of incredible intrigue. Many things happen but all the players followed a strict code of conduct. The code was simple, don't be a jerk and mix OOC with IC situations. A I was forced to close a lot of RP's that went to far out of the realm of allowance in certain RP themes. Many people got angry at me for these decisions but i didn't make them alone. I had a team (much like how the magistrates and titans are here). We handled things as they came along. However the most common issue of anything is the competitive nature of people. So to take them down a notch my team and the community leaders involved with specific RP forums edited posts. We basically altered te players history as punishment making them lose titles and ranks they worked hard for. This left a incredible impression on them and made them rethink their goals. It told them that this is only a game and that there is punishment if they stepped out of line.

When someones behavior is so extreme to the point that its driving people away. I would perma ban their buns in a heartbeat to preserve the community i tried to keep happy and healthy. Leaving them alone or just swiftly kicking them in the groin with a minimal punishment just wasn't enough for some people and they were easily caught doing it again.

The same applies here. The situation Geronus talks about is if the administrative volunteer task force IE the Magistrates did a good enough job with the situation. I agree given the parameters they were set forth by the developers and Tom himself they did a decent enough job. However while i agreee a harsher punishment should have been considered. We need to keep in mind that Jason did in fact instigate the investigation into these matters after he decided to leave. By technicality Atanamir is only guilty of creating a foul enviroment but wasn't fully responsible for Jasons leaving. So with that in mind the punishment would have to be suitable for someone who likes the game. Something that sends a message and i believe the message was sent. However "IF" the player of atanamir managed to get the ruler position back and start this madness again. Then by that time i would feel he is beyond redemption and remorse and should suffer the greatest penalty there is.
I am a lunatic wrapped in bacon. Sprinkled with swiss, smoothered in mustard and then buried in lettuce. I'm delicious!