Author Topic: Island-wide Roleplay Channel  (Read 6984 times)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Island-wide Roleplay Channel
« Topic Start: July 30, 2013, 02:40:06 PM »
Shizzle raised this in a different thread, and I thought it was a really good idea:
Roleplay Groups. Right now roleplaying is restricted by your character's role or current location. Why not get rid of these restrictions? Continent wide players should be able to start 'roleplaying threads' (within the game world) where they can invite other players to join. In other words, make RP more meta. Why can't I, as a player, observe all the roleplays written by rulers throughout the whole continent? It would make playing BM, for those who like RP, more like reading a book. Of course OOC knowledge being abused ICly might be a problem, but not one that cannot be overcome.

I've thought about doing something like this before via a guild, but I couldn't think of an IC rationale for a guild that would in effect serve as a channel for people to roleplay. I think having an island-wide roleplaying channel could reinvigorate roleplaying, because it's hard to gather all of the people who want to roleplay in a roleplay realm or guild.

Rather than make an official feature request right out of the gate, I thought I'd start this thread to discuss the pros and cons of the idea informally and to see if adding such a channel would even be possible from the dev point-of-view.