Author Topic: Lukon vs Oritolon  (Read 45323 times)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Lukon vs Oritolon
« Reply #105: July 26, 2013, 06:40:54 PM »
Yeah cause when you get into serious trouble you'll get everyone to gank Oritolon and that will be so much fun.

SaDiablo

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: July 26, 2013, 08:00:45 PM »
Peace can always happen but the cost has no bearing if the island stays stuck at 3 realms...  assassins doesn't count really. 

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: July 26, 2013, 11:21:57 PM »
Kai, Oritolon has needed and Asked Lukon to step into its wars... multiple times with Alebad and Alowca... more recently with MT... and a few times with Oritolon Rulers who were going off base from what the majority of the realm wanted (not to mention a clan or two trying to take over)...  I do not believe accusing Lukon of "ganking" will accomplish much more than returned fingers pointing in Oritolons direction.

It is a game of politics as much as it is a game of battle.  That part of the game has been dominated by Lukon for a long time also... now a chance to balance both aspects is on the table and Oritolon fights against it.  Thats great and cool, more power to them playing how they play... but any accusation of "ganking" is really just a whine about not being on the winning side of politics.

egamma

« Reply #108: July 27, 2013, 06:42:45 AM »
but any accusation of "ganking" is really just a whine about not being on the winning side of politics.

But is a 3-on-1 war really "playing with friends"? If you were playing, say, Risk, with 4 friends, would you feel totally fine about getting two of your friends to gang up on the odd-man-out?

In character, yes, it's all politics, and/or Lukon threatening/bullying/bribing the other realms to do its' bidding. Out of Character, you still have the social contract to consider. No, I'm not threatening you, I'm merely asking you to go read the Social Contract, think about how you play, and how your actions effect others, and then do what seems right.

I urge you to leave the war as a 3-city-realm versus 3-city-realm affair. I think it's been a lot of fun so far, but the amount of fun would drop considerably if you just brought in the other realms.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: July 27, 2013, 10:02:49 AM »
Although I am in Oritolon, but I don't see a 1v1 war going anywhere actually unless one side just gives up or the players lose interest..
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: July 27, 2013, 10:45:22 AM »
Risk is nothing but king of the hill.

And the current war, as Jaron says, is not going anywhere. The realms are about the same size, so there cannot be a clean-cut victory. Gold no longer serves a functional purpose, so there cannot be victory through attrition. The realms are left fumbling with each other for eternity.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: July 27, 2013, 12:52:56 PM »
I think Lukon pulling others in to help them is fair enough. For a long, long time Oritolon kept to herself in the south, bickering and squabbling and ignoring the rest of the continent. Even if Lukon has occasionally put the boot into Outer Tilog and the Assassins when it has suited them, they've always maintained links and relations and had some sort of a relationship. Oritolon hasn't. If the war does end up 3vs1 it will be due to a long term weakness and failure on our own part I think. We can't have too many complaints.

But is a 3-on-1 war really "playing with friends"? If you were playing, say, Risk, with 4 friends, would you feel totally fine about getting two of your friends to gang up on the odd-man-out?

Ironically, I was playing Risk last night and got absolutely schooled after two of my opponents formed an alliance against me. What I found myself ruing though is not that they had aligned against me but that I hadn't managed to form an alliance with one of them myself!

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: July 27, 2013, 01:42:01 PM »
Well if they are better OOC friends you never had a chance to begin with. It was pretty amusing to play WI with a friend and kill people, who apparently just need to make alliances before my birth or something.

In the long past Lukon/Oritolon vs Alebad Alowca and northstuff was even. Anything past that is bull!@#$ with multiaccs/MT.

Hey I remember some guy from OT saying that they had no intention to join in the war but that seems to have been deleted which is comforting.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:48:52 PM by Kai »

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: July 29, 2013, 10:14:14 PM »
If I were playing a board game with friends I would show no mercy.  In fact at my house we do not 'let' the children win at games... We help them understand how to play and what options they have but in the end it is a game with rules and strategy...and not everyone can win.  I am fully comfortable with the way I play Battlemaster.  I have also evolved away from caring much for what others think of how I play the game... I learned that lesson in the first year of playing. 

I will not change direction because of a difference in view on what fair play is.  In my view I am playing well with others... including those from the Assassins and OT... also using my influence in character to provide a future for the nobles in my realm aka the players...  just because I am working to force that future on the entire island does not mean it is not fair play or unfriendly.

That goal may never come about... or it may come about without my character anywhere near the final results but if that happens it will be because of player action and not because my ooc mind was changed. 

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: July 30, 2013, 11:43:16 PM »
Tone down the hostility, Kai.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: July 31, 2013, 03:04:12 AM »
Maybe we will get to see a toned-down Empire happening after all. A revised version. There are discussion going on...... It is only a matter of time.

Oritolon has needed and Asked Lukon to step into its wars... multiple times with Alebad and Alowca... more recently with MT... and a few times with Oritolon Rulers who were going off base from what the majority of the realm wanted (not to mention a clan or two trying to take over)... 
I do agree with Valast on the part above. At most times, Oritolon has been instable internally. Its military is not that good in all the wars up until this current war with Lukon. I still remember we have a hard time to field even enough military to kill off those Khain and his rogue force which had been harassing our realm borders. Our small force was even defeated, humiliated is an understatement. By the time war with MT, our military started to lose Alowca duchy regions until Lukon stepped in. In fact, I agree Lukon did a lot of hard work back then :)

Maybe Republic system does not work out well for Oritolon realm. As the frequent elections have seen either a group of players with hidden agenda trying to takeover, or even elections won by those who were quiet and without any so-called declared campaigns.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: July 31, 2013, 07:04:31 AM »
Outer Tilog has been very clear in game and in character about what it wants from all of this and is certainly not pressured or swayed into anything we choose to do... I think the comment I gave was along the lines of hoping not to get involved in the war because Oritolon would have done the sensible thing by then (Outer Tilog were committed to removing Minas and then doing some land exchanges with the Assasssins first...)
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

egamma

« Reply #117: July 31, 2013, 07:43:46 PM »
Insulting posts (and responses) removed.

If you don't like Lukon, go play on another continent. I've played with the Hendrix family on FEI and they're actually quite decent; I've played with the non-Lukon Hendrixes as well and had the same experience.