Dwilight
55 (28.9%)
East Continent
32 (16.8%)
Far East Island
32 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: August 30, 2013, 03:14:16 PM

Author Topic: Which islands do you want to keep?  (Read 21623 times)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Which islands do you want to keep?
« Reply #60: August 10, 2013, 03:50:43 AM »
Moderator: deleted insult against every forum user (excluding, presumably, Kai)

I picked colonies because 1 turn/day, then EC and Atamara because the rest seem more snobby.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:19:18 AM by egamma »

Sarwell

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: August 10, 2013, 05:38:10 PM »
Dwilight, Atamara, and the FEI.

Coincidentally, my characters are on Dwilight, Atamara, and the FEI. Whine about it if you want - we all know that's how everyone voted. Giving them three choices (for three characters?) was practically asking for the "save my character's home" thing.

But seriously, Dwilight and FEI should be kept for sure. Dwilight has a huge number of distinctive features: SMA, donut-cities, being a testing island (that is more interesting than BT), having big ol' sea zones, and so forth. FEI is amusing because it's probably the closest we'll get to a "war island" without specifically adding one at this point. Atamara is forgettable, admittedly. I only chose it because there were republics there, and I prefer them for personal reasons.
Sarwell Family - Alna (Phantaria), Rosnan (Ohnar West), Julian (Strombran)
New female characters start with an extra 10% skill in cooking and in cleaning.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: August 11, 2013, 06:41:03 AM »
I voted for Atamara, EC and Far East Island. The latter because of its smaller scope, roleplay environment; the first because it's a kind of "standard" island, and great for getting into the game. EC because I hear much the same, though I've only played a character in it once many years ago.

My own characters are on Dwilight and FEI, by the way.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: August 11, 2013, 08:37:23 AM »

Coincidentally, my characters are on Dwilight, Atamara, and the FEI. Whine about it if you want - we all know that's how everyone voted. Giving them three choices (for three characters?) was practically asking for the "save my character's home" thing.

But seriously, Dwilight and FEI should be kept for sure. Dwilight has a huge number of distinctive features: SMA, donut-cities, being a testing island (that is more interesting than BT), having big ol' sea zones, and so forth. FEI is amusing because it's probably the closest we'll get to a "war island" without specifically adding one at this point. Atamara is forgettable, admittedly. I only chose it because there were republics there, and I prefer them for personal reasons.

Actually I've got characters on Atamara and Colonies and they can both sink for all I care. I do however want Dwilight to stay.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #64: August 11, 2013, 10:17:13 AM »
I voted for Atamara, EC and Far East Island. The latter because of its smaller scope, roleplay environment; the first because it's a kind of "standard" island, and great for getting into the game. EC because I hear much the same, though I've only played a character in it once many years ago.

My own characters are on Dwilight and FEI, by the way.

Atamara is a horrible island for getting into the game. There is little talking, all power is basically calcified and won't move an inch. Its only good for making a drone character anymore.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: August 12, 2013, 01:27:22 AM »
I would be fine sinking every continent except for Dwilight and just making everyone play one noble on Dwilight, honestly.

I'm not saying this is what we should do, I'm just saying I wouldn't really be that upset about it....

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: August 13, 2013, 12:41:35 AM »

2/3 of my votes went to continents I have not played in for many, many years. So I guess you speak for yourself.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #67: August 13, 2013, 04:02:37 PM »
I think half of the people that voted for the Colonies, said that they didn't play there, but were supportive of those who did. I like the fact that we had a lot of players want to support those who can only play one turn a day, and used one of their votes to say so.

And, I play on three islands, but voted only for 2 (and yes, I play on both).

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: August 15, 2013, 10:36:18 AM »
I would be fine sinking every continent except for Dwilight and just making everyone play one noble on Dwilight, honestly.

I'm not saying this is what we should do, I'm just saying I wouldn't really be that upset about it....

I would be fine sinking every continent and making a new one with 1 city region where we run 1000 player tournaments for eternity.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: August 29, 2013, 04:18:40 PM »
Hmmm... it would be kind of awesome to connect all islands to one big continent. Max 2 nobles + 1 advy.

and remove silly distance penalties.... and make it round, so you could travel around to world.... Ok old topic, and reply is off topic... good job Jaune!

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: August 29, 2013, 08:42:07 PM »
Hmmm... it would be kind of awesome to connect all islands to one big continent. Max 2 nobles + 1 advy.

and remove silly distance penalties.... and make it round, so you could travel around to world.... Ok old topic, and reply is off topic... good job Jaune!

-Jaune

Max 2 nobles + 1 advy.

2 nobles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0QbXfvbjFk
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.