Author Topic: Tax Gold  (Read 2364 times)

Jon Snow

• Knight
  • Eddard, Brandon, and Jon
    • View Profile
Tax Gold
« Topic Start: July 29, 2013, 11:15:25 AM »
When taxes ran this morning, under my politics tab, the amount of gold that I should have collected was 343. But I only got 84 after taxes. Why is that? I changed the tax rate the morning of the day before taxes were collected, is that the reason? Meaning, I increased it then.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Tax Gold
« Reply #1: July 29, 2013, 11:19:45 AM »
The income amounts on the estate tab are based on current stats & tax rate of your region. It also doesn't include things like militia & building upkeep. If your realm banker called an early tax that would also impact it.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 29, 2013, 11:24:14 AM »
It appears your region is also still under the effects of an Investment, which should inflate the results as well, though I don't remember exactly when that happened.

Jon Snow

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 29, 2013, 12:05:05 PM »
Yeah, I invested in it about a week before taxes. But doesn't that mean that I should be getting more gold too?

About militia and upkeep, I checked on that too. I have no militia, and the cost for upkeep is 4 gold. The peasant taxes collected in total was 109, when it should have been over 400.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 29, 2013, 12:21:29 PM »
What was your tax rate before and after you raised it? Taxes are collected daily and accumulate in the region until tax day when you receive what was collected.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: July 29, 2013, 12:55:05 PM »
I changed the tax rate the morning of the day before taxes were collected, is that the reason? Meaning, I increased it then.

At least in part, yes. Taxes are collected every day at the rate valid that day, so if you raise the tax rate the estimate will immediately use the new tax rate, but the tax collectors don't go out again saying "uh, about the tax from last monday..." - check if your next tax collection is closer to the estimate.

Jon Snow

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 29, 2013, 04:10:12 PM »
At least in part, yes. Taxes are collected every day at the rate valid that day, so if you raise the tax rate the estimate will immediately use the new tax rate, but the tax collectors don't go out again saying "uh, about the tax from last monday..." - check if your next tax collection is closer to the estimate.

What was your tax rate before and after you raised it? Taxes are collected daily and accumulate in the region until tax day when you receive what was collected.

Thanks guys :) That's definitely it then. I'll post what I get next week here.

egamma

« Reply #7: July 29, 2013, 07:13:33 PM »
Also, if an early tax is called, then you'll only get 4-5-6 days of taxes, instead of 7.