Author Topic: Income when both ruler and duke  (Read 1691 times)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
Income when both ruler and duke
« Topic Start: August 01, 2013, 05:34:26 PM »
I'm wondering if this is a bug or is supposed to be.

One of my chars is both ruler, duchess and baroness (rich region). But it seems she is only getting the gold from the rulership.

Is it supposed to be so?

The crown has received 732 gold tax income thanks to a realm share of 15 %.
In addition, the realm made 25 gold from other sources (fines, etc.), bringing the crown's total income to 757 gold.

And that is kind of the amount she got.

From the region, it says this:

Lord and Duke SharesLord Share   567 gold
Dukes Share   - 567 gold
Lords Tax Income   nothing

Nothing?? Why did all of it go to Dukes share? And what does that mean?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 05:37:06 PM by Kain »
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Income when both ruler and duke
« Reply #1: August 01, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
It all went to the Duke's share because you're the Duke.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 01, 2013, 05:44:09 PM »
The entirety of the Lord Share goes to the Duchy as the Lord is also the Duke (Thus leaving no Lord Income). The entirety of the Duke Share goes to the Realm as the Duke is also the Ruler (It should show no gold under the Total Duke Share, only the full amount under Realm Share).

That 732 gold includes all the income you got as Duke/Lord/Knight. That is why it's nice for the Ruler to have Dukes also as Margraves / Lords of Rich Mountain regions. Their full income as a Lord/Knight is also taxed by the Realm Share.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 05:47:29 PM by Telrunya »

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 01, 2013, 06:05:43 PM »
It all went to the Duke's share because you're the Duke.

Yes, thank you :D But my thought was that she wasn't getting the gold. But maybe she was after all, if it all ends up included in the "gold to the crown".

The entirety of the Lord Share goes to the Duchy as the Lord is also the Duke (Thus leaving no Lord Income). The entirety of the Duke Share goes to the Realm as the Duke is also the Ruler (It should show no gold under the Total Duke Share, only the full amount under Realm Share).

That 732 gold includes all the income you got as Duke/Lord/Knight. That is why it's nice for the Ruler to have Dukes also as Margraves / Lords of Rich Mountain regions. Their full income as a Lord/Knight is also taxed by the Realm Share.

Ah, I thought she would get more. She got about 450 from the dukeship (and lordship) alone before, and I guess I believed the rulership brought more than an additional 280 or so considering a fairly large realm with many duchies and 15% Realm share.

But now that I think about it, it does seem reasonble actually. Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:07:26 PM by Kain »
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

egamma

« Reply #4: August 01, 2013, 08:52:00 PM »
If you look at the other values on the tax report you will see the amount that comes from each duchy, to you. The amount you are getting from the other duchies will equal 165 gold.