Author Topic: Feature Request: Ducal Bulletins  (Read 3429 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Feature Request: Ducal Bulletins
« Topic Start: August 03, 2013, 03:38:08 AM »
Title: Ducal Bulletins

Summary: The implementation of ducal bulletins, similar to government position bulletins (ruler bulletin, judge bulletin, banker bulletin, general bulletin,) that are restricted to each individual duchy. In other words, a bulletin that the duke from Duchy A controls for his lords and their knights to see. Members from Duchy B cannot see Duchy A's bulletin, but will be able to see their own.

Details: A duke gains the option under Commands to edit his ducal bulletin. The bulletin would show up under the information section, under Local Information (alongside the other bulletins.) I would prefer it being placed specifically underneath the army information link/above the other bulletins. This way it won't be forgotten about.

Benefits: The means to make available important information to lords and knights within a duchy, instead of having to issue repetitive messages. The ability to reinforce ducal entities from within, providing a solid base for creating ducal specific cultures. It would be another way to roleplay, posting RP information such as titular titles within a duchy, or other things along those lines. The possibility of strengthening the overall gameplay within a duchy the same way the other bulletins can strengthen a realm's gameplay.

Possible Exploits: Seeing as government members can write whatever they want (so to speak) in their own bulletins, dukes would be able to do the same. With that in mind, it is obviously prone to abuse. In addition, having these bulletins restricted to each duchy would limit the amount of people who could verify its contents and report them if need be. Perhaps implementing the ability for rulers to see each ducal bulletin would help. That would potentially remove the ability to organize rebellions with the ducal bulletin, but I suppose that's what the underground is for.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request: Ducal Bulletins
« Reply #1: August 03, 2013, 03:54:39 AM »
+1, I am all for giving duchies more identity
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

egamma

« Reply #2: August 03, 2013, 05:25:10 PM »
Should be easy to implement, and would give duchies more of their own identity. I like it!

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: August 03, 2013, 05:33:19 PM »
I like it and it's a fairly easy addition with the "new" (3 years or so) duchy database setup.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 04, 2013, 12:02:44 AM »
Awesome, I'm glad to hear it! I didn't want to assume it was easy to implement, so I'm overjoyed now that this is a possibility.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 04, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »
Awesome idea! As an addition, what about Duchy signs that auto post a welcome message to the Duchy in the way the realm signs currently do when you cross into another realm's borders?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: August 04, 2013, 03:59:24 PM »
Awesome idea! As an addition, what about Duchy signs that auto post a welcome message to the Duchy in the way the realm signs currently do when you cross into another realm's borders?

And there it is again, the riders-plague.

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: August 04, 2013, 07:14:23 PM »
Let's keep it simple shall we?  8)

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 04, 2013, 07:22:49 PM »
Fine, fine. They seemed tied together so I didn't think it'd hurt.