Author Topic: Ability to reject a region from joining your realm  (Read 2635 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Title: Ability to reject a region from joining your realm

Summary: If a region decides to change allegience from Realm A to Realm B, allow Realm B to reject it.

Benefits: Why would Realm B reject it?  Treaty obligations, no interest in the region (wasteland), there's no plausible reason to believe that the region lord will actually be loyal

Possible Exploits: One issue I see is there would have to be a time limit so the region is not left in limbo. 

It would be interesting to see what happens when a region is rejected, do they go back to Realm A or do they become rogue..

thoughts?

Thanks,
Scott

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Not for it. It is intentional that a region switching regions can create strife, both within the old and the new realm.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
If the realm really doesn't want the region, they can just give it away.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
That requires another realm willing to take it, oooohhhhhhhhhh!
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
That requires another realm willing to take it, oooohhhhhhhhhh!
It just requires another realm that it borders unless I am not remembering the feature right, and if it switched allegiance from somewhere else, it is highly probable that it borders another realm. If the realm really doesn't want the region, let it go rogue.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
I thought both rulers have to be in the region and click a link or something. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I thought both rulers have to be in the region and click a link or something. :)
You could be right although I don't know why. If so though, this feature should be implemented then because the game is being inconsistent otherwise. (If this, it doesn't require permission; if that, does require permission from ruler.)
― G.K. Chesterton

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Just give the region back. This is already implemented.
------
qui audet vincit