Author Topic: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster  (Read 134657 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
This seems to me like an oversimplified panicked solution which avoids real issues, based on opinions and with no statistics to support these opinions.

You don't always see it, but some of these things were discussed before and/or had been on my mind for a long time.

Dwilight especially. I've been thinking of it as a mistake for years.

Sure it has a great atmosphere. But that's not a Dwilight special, other islands had that, too.

-The local forums are great and provide a wealth of information.

And BM is in parts a game about limited information, rumours, lies, intrigue and betrayl. I know for a fact that a couple of the stunts I pulled as ruler wouldn't have been possible with the forum around. Important information that I had carefully seeded to key persons would've made the round far too quickly and easily, making it impossible for me to trace the leak, for example, that we once had in Lasanar.

without a "X-years +" battlemaster club of players ruling everything and pulling all the strings and important functions to themselves,

Kill them.

Seriously. You want to throw EI into chaos? Find 5-10 like-minded people, train up infiltrators and go assassinate a few important key figures all at the same time. When they heal up, assassinate them again. Repeat 2-3 times and that character is effectively out of action for a month.

Yes, the best thing would be to drown two or three continents and start a new one up, which would get drowned every 2-3 real life years. To keep things dynamic.

Wrong game. BM is not a classic empire-building game where you start from nothing and the game is over and you've won when your base is complete. It isn't, never has been and never will be that kind of game.

You want to reset a continent? Find enough people who share that sentiment and burn it. Loot every region rogue, destroy every realm - it can be done. But it will NEVER be done by GM decree.

You are expecting in-game solutions from the dev team and that won't happen. We guide the game, we don't run it. We set the rules, not the play.