Author Topic: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster  (Read 134851 times)

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I would be willing to bet that most of the nobles inside the CE block would not welcome a breakup of that block and the destruction of its power, so as to allow every realm on the continent to once again have agency of its own.

However, I would also be willing to bet that if such a change did come about, at least 80% of those nobles would, after all the dust had settled, rate their enjoyment of the continent as higher than before. Because being inside a stagnant behemoth realm is rarely significantly better than fighting against a stagnant behemoth realm. Opportunity for advancement tends to be thin on the ground, and most nobles are expected to be drones.

And, again—and this point cannot be stressed enough—most players are sheep. If their ruler says, "This is what you want," and you then ask them what they want, they will say exactly what their ruler told them they wanted. That doesn't mean that we, as devs and GMs, should listen to them when the players of the largest realm on the continent say they want it to remain supreme.

I've seen you rail against politicians and the sheep who elect them on Slashdot. Yet you seem not to realize that the exact same conditions obtain in BattleMaster.

Your advocating that the block be broken up? If so then let the other side prove their own worth and break it up. It didn't get there because of the Dev or Gms bring it about it got there because players used their characters wisely and pushed and shoved and made it that way. 

Sheep? CE? I think your missing something, CE's nobility is not following aimlessly, the senate speaks vocally whether for or against things, takes 3-5 days to decide anything amidst the arguing. Knights even have a say if they choose to speak up. We have plenty of fun and enjoy rping when we get the opportunity. Being a republic it has had a constant revolving door in terms of leadership, not one person has held it for a extended period of time unlike Tara, BoM (Lich King), and Darka. Can you blame a fun realm that has active players who are influential?

Everyone rags on AT, you know what do more than talk. Actually make waves and rattle a few chains. Honestly, if not get off the subject its become so redundant.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)