Author Topic: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster  (Read 134433 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Similarly, if people want to communicate OOC and hatch plots [...] it's impossible to stop them. You're far, far better off creating a place where not only is everyone in the game welcome and invited [...] but it has at least a quasi-official status, and thus can be somewhat regulated under the Social Contract.

OK...yeah, that's what I said. I'm not sure what your purpose is in selectively quoting like that. Unless you somehow think that you're making a point that we should create such a place that's not IRC. Which...doesn't make a lot of sense, because there are already dozens of players who use IRC on a regular basis. Any attempt to create a separate venue would not prevent the IRCers from continuing to do everything they do there, and would leave the new venue without an established base of long-time players to help new players find their way around.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan