Author Topic: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster  (Read 135175 times)

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
We did moderate the locals. But people hardly ever reported posts, and I'm not going to read all 6 continents when I only play on 3. And we didn't have clear guidelines on what is allowed, and what is not. if someone posts and IC letter, is that allowed? What if it was sent to the entire island? What if it was sent to a single person? What if it was in IC insult, should we moderate it? What if someone gets offended by an IC insult being posted, and replies OOC? etc, etc.

No. If the players can't restrain themselves, then their toys will be taken away. I have kids, and when they break the rules, they get their toys taken away.

I never said I thought moderators were necessary, as I don't think there is anything wrong, and most people didn't either, since as you say nothing was reported. No one has yet shown what type of  'rude' or 'IC' posts the action was taken for, which you would describe as kids 'not restraining themselves'?

I also suggested several times that moderators should be appointed for every local, I am not critiquing the way you are working, or trying to give you more work. I'm sure there's people willing to moderate.

Concerning rules on how to moderate, it'd be up to moderators' sound jugement what is and what shouldn't be allowed to be posted on the forums.