Author Topic: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster  (Read 134429 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
The second is about this blacklist - what exactly do you have to do to earn such a status? Am I on the blacklist? What for?

You are not or you would know about it. When the moderators add warning points to an account, you get a notice.

Linking forum accounts to game accounts is too difficult, or I would've done it long ago. The forum runs on a 3rd party software.

The third is linked to Magistrates cases which has been mentioned before but it bears reminding. As it stands, anyone can offer their input into a Magistrates case. This has to stop because it means that groups of players (like with the case I attempted to bring recently linked to the toxic atmosphere cases) can just rise up and barrack or stonewall one side or the other, especially when it's then not moderated out as it should be (this goes back to the role/behaviour of the volunteers somewhat). Posts in those forums should, in my eyes, be for four parties only: Defendant, Plaintiff, Magistrates, Witnesses. You don't allow the gallery to shout out in most RL courts, why should we here?

Because we are not a court and other players can and do add valuable information. I do agree that any and all postings that contain insults, complaints, comments not relevant to the case or anything that doesn't belong need to be moderated into oblivion with extreme prejudice, even if they contain other valuable information. Some mods disagree, they would rather edit out the bad parts and leave the rest. It's their job so I let them do it as they see fit, personally I think they will come to realize that pressing the delete button is less work.