Author Topic: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster  (Read 134080 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Great discussion, thank you all.

I'm surprised by how quickly everyone converges on the Locals boards being the major problem, because I didn't think in that direction at all when I started this thread, but now that it has been pointed out, it seems to obvious that I don't understand how I didn't see it right from the start.

And yes, I agree that if we close down the Locals forum, we should also close down the equivalent IRC channels, or rather: Ask people to not use them anymore and put their IC stuff into the game itself, exclusively.

I've temporarily locked the locals and the roleplaying board. If we all agree so much, let's see what the effect is and if we can reverse the drain of character interaction. Maybe this is really all it takes.

I personally believe there will be no difference whatsoever. I'm honestly sick of this idea that just because we're not writing narrative RP (and I do plenty of that outside of BM), this somehow means that all our other letters are not RP. I'm just going to be honest here and say that Battlemaster just isnt built for narrative RP. At least not anything collaborative, and solo RP is rather boring to be honest, if I wanted to do that I'd just create my own fictional world.

All this is doing is isolating realms into small islands, making it hard to understand anything outside your realm if you have no access to the Rulers channel. That makes for a very dull, narrow viewpoint story, which is very unattractive for the game.