Author Topic: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster  (Read 132154 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
We lost another good way to talk about the game outside the game... while I agree some changes needs to be made to save BM, in the end you must realize that the problem is not the Forum, the IRC or whatever, but people's behavior. If you cannot change their behavior, problems will arise one way or another.

You can channel behavior and that is what we are doing. If you checked the locals forums, you will notice I posted a sticky note to all of them encouraging people to post in-game instead. The game is played in the game, not on the forum, that is the core of the vast majority of complaints about the forums that I have received.

There should be ways to talk about the game outside the game, which is why most of the forum remains open. But I agree violently with the consensus that talk about specific events in-game has a very, very high tendency to get out the worst behavior in people. Because they have personal stakes in the issues. That is the common element in all high-vitriol issues, be it Magistrate cases or the locals forums.