Author Topic: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster  (Read 134666 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Of course not. I don't post private e-mails on public forums. I'm shocked that needs to be pointed out.

It's not hard to get someone's permission, then remove any personally identifying information from the text, which in an email is generally the address and the signature (if any). You clearly considered this email to be very significant for some reason, or you wouldn't have done what you did. In that case, wouldn't it serve the community to also read what this anonymous player wrote? Evidently he or she had some important things to say, things that are now having far-ranging repercussions for the game and for the community. As far as the leaving the game messages go, presumably those players left them with the understanding that they wrote would be read and considered by someone, if not multiple someones.

The point is, you're the only one who's seen the evidence, such as it is, which leaves the rest of us relying solely on you to define the nature and parameters of the problem, and you give the appearance of being biased. Maybe you're not, but we can't know since we haven't seen any of the evidence you're using to formulate your position. We don't even know how many emails you've gotten, or how many players specifically mentioned the forum in their leaving the game message. We also have no conception of what it is that those players had a problem with. We only know what you've told us, but frankly some of that sounds more like problems that you have with the forum than problems that potentially many players have with it. The lack of interaction in the game for example; I have never, until this thread, heard anyone blame the forum for this problem. I think many people would agree that sometimes the forum gets toxic, but the most reasonable approach to solving that problem isn't shutting down a huge portion of the forum in a knee-jerk reaction, it's to improve moderation. More moderators, armed with better guidelines, and some education to the community about what to report and when should prevent or mitigate the vast majority of what problems there have been.