Author Topic: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster  (Read 134558 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
It's nice to see that the basic rules that we've come up with are basically a match for what you came up with--that shows that we're on the right track and that the rules make sense.

The only point we're still discussing is what sort of policy to have around IG messages being posted to the forums. Should we allow island-wide messages to be posted? What about messages that your character sent? What about death roleplays? etc.

As I already responded to Anaris, I think there is value in having an all-encompassing restriction. Roughly, here are the reasons:

1. Black and white rules are much easier to enforce than rules with exceptions and gray areas that are open to interpretation.

2. There is no positive argument I can think of the permit it.

3. Banning all such quotations helps to emphasize and enforce the separation between the forum and the game.

4. It helps to prevent people using the forum as a way to spread propaganda that should remain IC, and whose spread should be bound by the restrictions on communication in the game.