Author Topic: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster  (Read 134520 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster
« Reply #435: September 25, 2013, 09:18:37 PM »
You do know people can just make a forum without making their own game right? They can just make their personal forum where they can discuss BM stuff :p

I was actually in one although it only had 5-10 people or so. Discussing mainly about creating a religion and stuff.

I was exaggerating for effect. The point, which you seem to have missed, was that yes, every single player in BattleMaster could create their own forum if they wanted to, but they wouldn't have anywhere remotely resembling the kind of draw or clout that the official BattleMaster forum does.

And, well...there is already a BattleMaster forum. And it had a Locals board. And so far as I understand it, there's a general consensus—including from Tom—that the Locals should be reopened, now that we have the clearer guidelines for moderation, it just hasn't happened yet.

One thing that a lot of people seem to miss in all this is that taking away something that people already have is really quite different from never giving it to them in the first place. Yes, if there was never a forum, we would have been getting along OK. But even if you disagree with me that the forum has been a net boon for the game, to remove or cripple it now would be a very bad thing for the game as a whole.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan