Author Topic: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster  (Read 134639 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster
« Reply #435: September 27, 2013, 12:29:37 AM »
It's like sports, folks. People don't just want to watch sports they want to talk about the sports they watched, discuss upcoming games, players, injuries, hires, etc.

Removing ESPN SportsCenter/friends who also like sports doesn't encourage people to watch more sports because there is no sports commentary to watch anymore... it actively decreases their interest in watching sports because they no longer have a community to talk to about those sports.

The very same with the forums.

Bingo.

Again, you're completely missing his point.

Without the extra engagement that the Locals provided, he just doesn't feel the urge to interact in BM at all. (Sorry if I'm misinterpreting you somewhat, Vellos, but I think that's what you were trying to say.) Their removal has sapped his motivation to actually play the game, because they really provided an extra spark of fun and interaction that is now lacking.

HOW DARE YOU CORRECTLY SUMMARIZE MY OPINION!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner